New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Rich Brownn

Like I said, it took three years to change a sign at Hogsmede station. The delayed did not come from Warners. Apparently there were concerns that the sign would become too big and intrusive. She apparently agreed on the final design. The only people who get to overrule her is safety, hence the metal detectors.

lazyboy97o

Like I said, it took three years to change a sign at Hogsmede station. The delayed did not come from Warners. Apparently there were concerns that the sign would become too big and intrusive. She apparently agreed on the final design. The only people who get to overrule her is safety, hence the metal detectors.
No, Rowling is not that involved and she doesn’t get whatever she wants. Like any project there is compromise for things like budget and operational needs.

celluloid

Except the restrooms in Wizarding World are the only ones on property without a sharps container for guests. Theming took precedence and safety was overruled.

Yes, I was there when that that was brought up for Diagon alley. But the sharps containers are under a facility category and it was ruled that there was one close e ought in other locations. Same going for Hogsneade. It is not a safety requirement. But it would certainly be nice. Wizards go to the restroom, but do not need injections.

Princess Leia

No, the rest of the sign, the most prominent part is not installed yet.
The full name is Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. I believe the sign may have the Motorbike Adventure part as fiber optics that will fade in and out similar to the Hollywood Tower Hotel has the Tower of Terror part that fades in and out.
Dang, I got my hopes up

Tonto

So, the obvious is this ride will be amazing, but I am disappointed with the Hagrid animatronic. It looks a bit hokey, even though Universal said this is their most advanced animatronic. It’s still a bit disappointing, expecially seeing what Disney did with Hondo, and even with the Avator ani.
With that being said, it probably wont matter with the proper lighting.

Tonto

Hagrid looks great. The movement is only thing I’m questioning since they didn’t show it off much. But he looks just fine.
He looks ok. I wouldn’t say great. The movement was definitely of concern. If you are going to show off your new AA, aren’t you going to show video that demostrates how technologically advance it is?

sonoma15

He looks ok. I wouldn’t say great. The movement was definitely of concern. If you are going to show off your new AA, aren’t you going to show video that demostrates how technologically advance it is?
For Disney, yes. For Universal, im surprised they even showed off the animatronic.

celluloid

For Disney, yes. For Universal, im surprised they even showed off the animatronic.

This. We are also.less than a.month from many human bodies riding this so they are not hyping it like the months out like Hondo was for a major aspect.of an entirely new land.
This is An Animatronic that will likely be meant to view for a long sequence as it sounds like is he is talking about The Blast Ended Skrewt for "our lesson" as we slowly pass by on the cycles.

JT3000

The Hagrid reveal was terrible. All it showed was a slowly moving umbrella. I'm not sure who in Universal's marketing department thought that would be a good idea, but it is what it is. We will find out how advanced it is when the ride opens. Anyone expecting it to be as impressive as Disney's latest and greatest needs to lower their expectations. This is not the park chain that specializes in AA tech. For a long time they had moved away from using them completely.

raven

The Hagrid reveal was terrible. All it showed was a slowly moving umbrella. I'm not sure who in Universal's marketing department thought that would be a good idea, but it is what it is. We will find out how advanced it is when the ride opens. Anyone expecting it to be as impressive as Disney's latest and greatest needs to lower their expectations. This is not the park chain that specializes in AA tech. For a long time they had moved away from using them completely.
You realize that this animatronic was made by the same company that made the one for Avatar, right?

andysol

You realize that this animatronic was made by the same company that made the one for Avatar, right?
This is absolutely incorrect.

All of Disney’s advanced animatronics are fabricated in house. They have an in-house team with WDI. Hondo, The Avatar Shaman, and BatB in Tokyo animatronics were all fabricated by WDI for example.

Secondly- you don’t know which company did the fabrication for Hagrid. It was likely either Lifeformations or Advanced Animations. But the fact we don’t even know which of those two it was makes your statement impossible to make.

Third party companies such as those will be used by TWDC for their less advanced animatronics. I would wager many star troopers will be created by one of those, for example; but the advanced AAs are again, fully fabricated by WDI. And the Avatar shaman was one of those.

Disney will always have better AA tech on their high end animatronics simply because they invest a significantly larger amount of time, R&D and money on them as they place a higher value to them.

That all said, it might be a non-issue due to the speed in which we’ll be passing these animatronics.

Tom Morrow

Yeah, I'm not expecting the quality of the Shaman, but I'm assuming it moves more realistically than the slight movement we saw in the video. I think that reveal video was a bad call - all it does is open comparisons to Disney's animatronics. If they had said nothing then people wouldn't go in analyzing the Hagrid animatronic so heavily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom