New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

GLaDOS

So you can see the color. He is literally brown in the movie lol even in the darker image you posted you can see that he is brown with black stripes. The ride fluffy is jet black.

Not to mention the heads look different. Like different shapes? And where are the patterns? It’s just odd that they have taken care to match the films in every way but this looks like they took creative liberties.

I don’t care really. It’s just an odd choice.

Don't agree with the heads being different. Seem spot on to me. And he's not black.

lazyboy97o

Those small outbuilding(s) are almost definitely electrical equipment for the launches. The transformers and other control equipment need to be nearby because there are tons of high-voltage circuits running from them to the fins on the track. The farther away they are, the more expensive the wiring gets to run. Too far away and it's also possible that the electrical losses between the transformers and the track are too great to be operational.

-Rob
I’m aware of the type of equipment they hold. That though does not explain positioning them so close to the track. The box was either always that big and no one cared or it got bigger than anticipated.

JT3000

I’m aware of the type of equipment they hold. That though does not explain positioning them so close to the track. The box was either always that big and no one cared or it got bigger than anticipated.

What difference does the building's size make? You'd still see the side with a door either way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just posted on the interwebs, the design to be painted on the green building...

OG Runner

Which could change the color for sure. But we will see!

No, no, no! We need to complain about this. I mean come on, if the animatronic three headed dog is off a shade or two, that is going to
totally ruin the ride. Given the size and scale of the ride and the elements that have been put into the ride, this really is a minor point to
be talking to death. I am also thinking the sight lines for the building being mentioned will be much different when looking from overhead, as has been shown, and when you are actually on the ride. Can you confirm where on the ride this is? If it is when the ride is ending and pulling into the unload area, really, who cares?

JustInTime

The centaurs look different to me too? I will say that the characters that look different than the movie versions are from movie one. And the graphics and designs are poor and dated in that film. So these look better than the film counterparts. Just different. I think ultimately it’s a good thing.

Maybe it’s just me :cautious:

JoeCamel

The centaurs look different to me too? I will say that the characters that look different than the movie versions are from movie one. And the graphics and designs are poor and dated in that film. So these look better than the film counterparts. Just different. I think ultimately it’s a good thing.

They used a very good company to make them. They will be fine.

sonoma15

I don't know, it looks pretty dang close to me.

OG Runner

I don't know, are the ears on the Cornish Pixies, just the right shade of blue. They maybe rounded a little too much.
Please stop. This is going to be a great ride, with a good number of ride elements. Stop nit picking, (I know it is what
we do), but really do not think any of the items mentioned are going to take away from the ride. (I know I get on others
for doing this, but...) Think of Expedition Everest. The Yeti worked for what, maybe a week, before breaking. Expedition
Everest is still a great ride.

JT3000

This is evidently inside the drop track building. I say that because you can see what looks to be a metal wall or door in the background. I hope they fix that. [/nitpick]

I tend to think giving us a photo preview of some of these creatures is a bit pointless. You can't actually get a feel for an AA until you see it in motion.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom