New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

Screens have nothing to do with this.

It’s a lousy example. Two months won’t move buildings or change how they were constructed.

I could be wrong but I don't think two months is enough to properly theme the building, either. It seems pretty apparent that green paint is their solution.

It is great that this isn't a screen ride. What's not so great is that they seem to not be living up to their past efforts. You don't see things like this on Jurassic Park and you didn't see them on Jaws.

the.dreamfinder

Dropping ride and show control rooms into the middle of an attraction is just bad show. Flat out. It is exactly the sort of dropping of the ball that has become par the course for Universal Creative when left on their own.
Why do you think they did that? Would it have cost that much more to do it right?

lazyboy97o

Why do you think they did that? Would it have cost that much more to do it right?
I don’t really know. My mostly baseless guess would be that the equipment size requirements grew late in the design process and had to be worked into an otherwise locked down design. The coaster layout has to be locked down far enough in advance for it to be manufactured. The new track layout also encompasses the entire plot left behind by Dragon Challenge and is anything but level (and it goes down too, not up).

raven

It’s not even living up to the beautiful ruins, a building that is supposed to look like it is falling apart.
So you’ve personally already toured the grounds and experienced the ride 2 months before it even opens to witness these claims first hand?

The area currently complained of looks like an ingress/egress point for construction materials and vehicles, adjacent to what may be a temporary wooden bridge.

Quinnmac000

6_Cornish-pixie-1170x731.jpg

7_Cornish-pixie-1-1170x731.jpg

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/first-ever-look-at-creatures/

Rob562

I don’t really know. My mostly baseless guess would be that the equipment size requirements grew late in the design process and had to be worked into an otherwise locked down design. The coaster layout has to be locked down far enough in advance for it to be manufactured. The new track layout also encompasses the entire plot left behind by Dragon Challenge and is anything but level (and it goes down too, not up).

Those small outbuilding(s) are almost definitely electrical equipment for the launches. The transformers and other control equipment need to be nearby because there are tons of high-voltage circuits running from them to the fins on the track. The farther away they are, the more expensive the wiring gets to run. Too far away and it's also possible that the electrical losses between the transformers and the track are too great to be operational.

-Rob

JustInTime

you specifically chose a blown-out photo to make them look beige

View attachment 365285
So you can see the color. He is literally brown in the movie lol even in the darker image you posted you can see that he is brown with black stripes. The ride fluffy is jet black.

Not to mention the heads look different. Like different shapes? And where are the patterns? It’s just odd that they have taken care to match the films in every way but this looks like they took creative liberties.

I don’t care really. It’s just an odd choice.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom