New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

BubbaQuest

This brings out another point that should be made, height restriction doesn't always equate to how thrilling an attraction will be. Primeval and RnRC are two VERY different thrill factors and very different experiences but have the same height requirement.

Yep! I'm concerned Uni is only using a "it goes 50mph" story to indicate it's going to be intense. Space Mountain only reaches 28mph but I think it's a more intense experience than many faster roller coasters. I understand this coaster needs to be family friendly, but I was hoping for something more like a Mummy/Dragon Challenge hybrid and less California Screamin (fun, but kinda mellow in large coaster terms).

I have a feeling the new Jurassic coaster is the ride I'm waiting for, and I need to change my "coaster" expectations for this family launch ride.

OG Runner

Great hall dining experience/extension of the castle rock work.

I don't know, though it is a small coaster, it will definitely still have a use. Some little ones may not be up to the
new coaster going 50mph. I would think they would keep it for the same reason the Magic Kingdom still has the
roller coaster previously known as the Barnstormer.

Ripken10

I don't know, though it is a small coaster, it will definitely still have a use. Some little ones may not be up to the
new coaster going 50mph. I would think they would keep it for the same reason the Magic Kingdom still has the
previously known?

BrianLo

That’s exactly the original point I was making. The height requirement is such on the other potter attractions that they really need to keep flying Unicorn in perpetuity. I didn’t think Hagrid’s would be 48”.

Tom Morrow

Ok, good. The drop track building has been disguised, somewhat. Not as good as rockwork, but better than nothing.

The ride track area looks more like a well sculpted garden than a forbidden forest. Maybe it will look better with time for the vegetation to grow out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom