New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

Yea, because theme parks never, ever hype up their attractions beyond reasonable expectations.
It's a guaranteed way to set people's expectations too high, causing a greater chance for letdown, so maybe they shouldn't do that.

"This is OUR most highly themed, immersive coaster ever." Boom, done. It's not a lie and it gets people hyped without setting the bar too high.

GLaDOS

It's a guaranteed way to set people's expectations too high, causing a greater chance for letdown, so maybe they shouldn't do that.

"This is OUR most highly themed, immersive coaster ever." Boom, done. It's not a lie and it gets people hyped without setting the bar too high.

Literally no one will get off this ride and go "Wow that was really great but Universal lied when they said ____!"

Tom Morrow

Literally no one will get off this ride and go "Wow that was really great but Universal lied when they said ____!"
Volcano Bay got slammed in initial reactions for up to its first year after being touted as the most relaxing and immersive water park ever prior to opening.

GLaDOS

Yes, but everyone has experienced that pit in the stomach that you feel when something is great but you still hoped for more. I kinda felt like that after riding the last Harry Potter addition in Florida, so it’s hardly unprecedented.

Yea for you, but the vast majority of guests don’t feel that way.

Volcano Bay got slammed in initial reactions for up to its first year after being touted as the most relaxing and immersive water park ever prior to opening.

Yea because it’s a nightmare when it comes to guest enjoyment due to Tapu Tapu, not because the actual rides are bad.

No one is getting off a good ride complaining “But Universal overinflated my expectations!”

Well, no one except theme park nerds who continually believer parks’ marketing

Disneyhead'71

Gringotts did not get raving reviews and internally, Universal did not feel the overall Diagon Alley project brought in the numbers they were hoping for. Even the average stupid guest finds F&F to be rubbish.
Dragon Alley's soft numbers were thought to be soft because they announced it's opening date 3 weeks before it opened. They announced when it would open on June 18th for a July 8th opening. Most people had not only already planned their Summer vacations, many had already taken them. They fumbled the launch, not the land.

Last edited:

JT3000

Yes, but it is not just sky blue. It will have trees painted on it with real trees in front of it to create depth. Also that area will have massive tree roots that surround the track partially hiding the building.

And yes, for those concerned, Fluffy is an animatronic built by Lifeforms. As is the Unicorn. I'm not sure who is building the Hagrid/Blast-Ended Skrewt and Centaur AAs.

Where is the centaur?

Magenta Panther

Yes, but everyone has experienced that pit in the stomach that you feel when something is great but you still hoped for more. I kinda felt like that after riding the last Harry Potter addition in Florida, so it’s hardly unprecedented.

I felt that way when I saw a video of the new Kong ride. I had such high expectations. sigh

WDWFREAK53

Gringotts did not get raving reviews and internally, Universal did not feel the overall Diagon Alley project brought in the numbers they were hoping for. Even the average stupid guest finds F&F to be rubbish.

I felt the same way about Gringotts. I was so excited...and the queue is fantastic....but the ride really was kind of boring IMO.

ToTBellHop

I felt the same way about Gringotts. I was so excited...and the queue is fantastic....but the ride really was kind of boring IMO.
I think it’s a good ride—better than true rubbish like F&F. But I wanted a ride that was better than its HP predecessor, Forbidden Journey. No such luck.

Will Hagrid’s 2019 ride be better than the 2010 Forbidden Journey? We will see.

Bairstow

I think it’s a good ride—better than true rubbish like F&F. But I wanted a ride that was better than its HP predecessor, Forbidden Journey. No such luck.

Will Hagrid’s 2019 ride be better than the 2010 Forbidden Journey? We will see.

I think the most appropriate question at this point will be, "Is it a worthy replacement for the Dragons?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom