New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

Tried to sit on the name a bit but I still don't like it. It seems like something someone who doesn't really care about theme parks might name a fake joke ride they came up with. That, and "adventure" is already so overused in the naming of theme parks and attractions. Kinda hope they rename this... there's still time.

Hagrid's Motorbike Tour
Hagrid's Magical Creatures Tour (since we already know he rides a motorbike)
Hagrid and the Magical Creature Adventure

HAGRID: The Ride-2D (no j/k)

Another attraction name I've always hated is "TRANSFORMERS: the Ride-3D". That is the official name. Why even have "3D" in the title? It was never 2D and 3D attractions were definitely not unique in 2013 (compared to MuppetVision 3D in 1991). Also not a fan of including "the Ride" in the name of a ride. It should have been something like "Transformers: Operation All-Spark" or "Battle of... whatever."

TwilightZone

Tried to sit on the name a bit but I still don't like it. It seems like something someone who doesn't really care about theme parks might name a fake joke ride they came up with. That, and "adventure" is already so overused in the naming of theme parks and attractions. Kinda hope they rename this... there's still time.

Hagrid's Motorbike Tour

Another attraction name I've always hated is "TRANSFORMERS: the Ride-3D". That is the official name. Why even have "3D" in the title? It was never 2D and 3D attractions were definitely not unique in 2013 (compared to MuppetVision 3D in 1991). Also not a fan of including "the Ride" in the name of a ride. It should have been something like "Transformers: Operation All-Spark" or "Battle of... whatever."
Transformers at least has the excuse of opening during a time when 3D was all the rage.
I have no clue what's going on with Hagrid's incredibly long name ride.

Jon81uk

I can see how this was somewhat challenging to name. It has to convey that it’s a thrill ride with magical creatures, and also fit with JK’s naming schemes for the franchise.

Personally I think Motorbike “Tour” would work better than “Adventure” but that of course depends on the story which I don’t fully know yet.

Adventure implies high speeds and thrills which indicates its a coaster. Tour implies a slowly moving attraction that shows you things.

Space Mountain is an adventure through space, Jungle Cruise is a tour in the jungle.

smile

Hagrid's Motorbike Tour

Hagrid's Magical Motorbike, then?

again, we know hagrid's will slip into common parlance while hagrid's magical creature motorbike adventure (ugh) speaks to the vast hordes that don't know anything about it
... in that sense this compares favorably to say, star wars: rise of the resistance... and what do you shorten that to? not something as simple as hagrid's, i bet.

HAGRID: The Ride-4D
:happy:
... until an intern suggests 5D :banghead:

"the ride" has been a joke for over two decades, so i can appreciate the idea of attaching it to whizz-bang pop shlock, which is what bay did to the transformers (not like they were shakespeare before, but still)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I am not trying to push, I was just wondering if you had some actual information on the ride vehicles,
that lead you to state what the ride vehicles would be?
Yes I do. What was posted is what they are. The bike seat may be higher but you dont straddle it. Boarding from the sidecar side

PorterRedkey

Gosh I hate the name of this thing.

Take two words out of it and it’s more manageable.
Just take motorbike out and it's a lot better.

Hagrid's Magical Creature Adventure.

The descriptor for the ride vehicle should not be in the title unless it is an important element of the ride (say 2 styles of seats). And even then, I don't think it needs to be in the title.

Kingtut

trr1

Adventure implies high speeds and thrills which indicates its a coaster. Tour implies a slowly moving attraction that shows you things.

Space Mountain is an adventure through space, Jungle Cruise is a tour in the jungle.
from what I heard it is a hybrid coaster like 7 D.M.T. and escape from Gringotts where you stop or slowdown at animated scenes

Tom Morrow

Thought this was funny

MALIBU STACY HAS A NEW HAT!

Rich T

Gosh I hate the name of this thing.

Take two words out of it and it’s more manageable.
This is one of the stupidest, dullest names for a ride ever (taking 1st Place away from Ellen’s Energy Adventure). Sounds like it went through 15 committee meetings. What do you want to bet the people who okayed the final name will never actually ride the thing and couldn’t care less.

Rich T

Yes, one Hagrid per car so he is always in the driver seat, and 7 Hagrids per train. This way everyone feels like Harry riding with Hagrid. The multiple Hagrids will be explained as all the other ones not riding with you are other characters who used polyjuice potion. (Had to look that one up.)
At the end, a monitor will reveal which guest was riding with the real Hagrid, and that person gets a sticker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom