New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

bhg469

The part of FJ that sometimes gets me is the rocking motion in front of the dementors. That just goes on way too long for me.

The Simpsons has never bothered me, but it seems to be one of those attractions that messes with a lot of people. My wife won't ride either one of them anymore.
Simposons definitely gave me more of a reaction for sure. Forbidden journy was a little bit uncomfortable, but well worth it to experience the attraction.

lazyboy97o

Clearly this will be a terrible ride and no one should ever attempt to go on it!
Facts proving that Universal did not think this through:
  • The ride vehicles will not have air conditioning
  • The ride will have to close for lightning
  • There will be line to get on
  • It’s foreign equipment that isn’t used outdoor specifically in Orlando
  • At some point it may have to be evacuated
  • The launch tires are made of rubber so some might be worried that they will melt in the summer heat
  • People who are afraid of heights will not like the zero-G stall and drop track
  • People afraid of trees will not like the landscaping

Timothy_Q

• The launch tires are made of rubber so some might be worried that they will melt in the summer heat
  • People who are afraid of heights will not like the zero-G stall and drop track
And nets!!

bhg469

Is there any information about the queue? I'm hoping they keep up great trend as the whole resort seems to have been killing it. Once could argue the que is the best part of Universal's last three attractions.

JoeCamel

Is there any information about the queue? I'm hoping they keep up great trend as the whole resort seems to have been killing it. Once could argue the que is the best part of Universal's last three attractions.
From the construction photos it is shaping up with all the detail you come to expect from Universal in the Wizarding World.

Timothy_Q

Dueling Dragons had arguably Uni's best queue up until that point.
Dragon Challenge's modifications were also pretty great.
So I imagine this one would follow suit, if it's pretty much resuing the existing queue structure

Rob562

Any rumors regarding the chance for a soft opening before Memorial Day?

I'd say chances are high that we'd see "technical rehearsals" somewhere within the 30 days before Memorial Day, but most if what I've heard is just extrapolation based on how they've opened other recent attractions.

Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed, since we'll be there in early May... 😉

-Rob

I'd say chances are high that we'd see "technical rehearsals" somewhere within the 30 days before Memorial Day, but most if what I've heard is just extrapolation based on how they've opened other recent attractions.

Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed, since we'll be there in early May... 😉

-Rob
Same here.

JoeCamel

Any rumors regarding the chance for a soft opening before Memorial Day?

-Rob
Intamin with lots of new tricks?? I will be happy to ride during HHN and maybe next Christmas for the crowds.
It looks like so much fun and the theming --- it is going to be swarmed.

OG Runner

You make me laugh! I am pretty sure I have heard these concerns with another "item", being constructed in the
Orlando area. Good points, all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom