New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Disneyhead'71

That’s promising
Here is a pic from AliciaStella over at IU.

P1140730.jpg

Apparently, we are going to go forward up, then roll backwards down. And it's going to be enclosed in the dark.

21stamps

Rich T

That does sound fun, but would Universal and Disney both come out with motorcycle type coasters at the same time?
If Universal can beat Disney to the punch, then... yeah. :) Mainly, though, this just perfectly fits the land, the theme, etc. It just sounds really appealing for a family ride, and I like the bit about a lower height requirement for the sidecars.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

That does sound fun, but would Universal and Disney both come out with motorcycle type coasters at the same time?
You would have to ask Disney about that. Uni has been working on this project for over 5 years. We actually thought Dragon Challenge would close for this a full year before it actually did.

Bairstow

It's an interesting notion, but do we have enough visual indication from the track construction to determine whether this would be a Blitz, Bike, or even Megalite Intamin?

Hourly capacity on these bike coasters is total garbage, too, and given the calamitous reliability of Rockit, I can't see Universal opting for a moving platform boarding system for a coaster any time this century.

Last edited:

21stamps

You would have to ask Disney about that. Uni has been working on this project for over 5 years. We actually thought Dragon Challenge would close for this a full year before it actually did.
To be fair, Disney had Tron before construction started at Disney World.

It just seems odd to me that those two parks would share so many similarities on rides that are opened/announced within a similar time frame.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will forever hate Harry Potter for what it did to the original Dueling Dragons. It was one the best rides of all time, with probably the greatest queue.

Whatever is in the place where it once stood doesn't have a hope of competing with it. Yeh I'm sure the crowds will be drawn simply because it's Potter but nothing will ever match the brilliance and beauty of that ride.

Dueling dragons was perhaps the worst B&M inverted that I ever rode. Great bear at Hershey wasn’t great either.

Montu...aplengeist...raptor...heck, the Batmans.

Try those

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom