New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Disneyhead'71

Could be true. I Still don't think Uni is capable of building a thrilling coaster like Sea World. Mummy is their best coaster now that Dragons are gone.

I Can Understand that but unless forbidden journey is considered a coaster, not what I'm specifically referring too. Universal builds excellent thrilling attractions. No Doubt. But I doubt they can build a thrilling coaster like the Mummy again. I Love the Harry Potter rides. I could give a squat about Harry Potter but those attractions are definitely high quality.
Pretty sure this will be a better coaster than Mummy. This is a pretty large coaster, but not tall.

Tom Morrow

Hulk is an aesthetically pleasing coaster and fits with the exaggerated comic book theming of Marvel . Dragon Challenge was always a big ugly tangled mess and it clashed heavily with the theming of Hogsmeade. I'm okay with it being replaced with an immersive family coaster, however, I hope that UOR builds at least one more intense coaster elsewhere. I would prefer to see Rockit replaced with something better as well.

21stamps

It all depends on what qualifies as family friendly. My home park, Sliver Dollar City considers a spinning, inverting coaster that.

I just saw that park on Theme Park Review’s FB page not too long ago. Time Traveler looks awesome!

I have a Cedar Fair platinum pass, but only go to Kings Island and Cedar Point.. neither of those classify any of the thrill coasters as “family”. If Uni does.. then I’ll be happy!

lebeau

I just saw that park on Theme Park Review’s FB page not too long ago. Time Traveler looks awesome!

I have a Cedar Fair platinum pass, but only go to Kings Island and Cedar Point.. neither of those classify any of the thrill coasters as “family”. If Uni does.. then I’ll be happy!

Gringott's is "family-friendly". Revenge of the Mummy is probably just outside of that designation. I expect this ride to fit somewhere in that spectrum.

Kitchandro

I will forever hate Harry Potter for what it did to the original Dueling Dragons. It was one the best rides of all time, with probably the greatest queue.

Whatever is in the place where it once stood doesn't have a hope of competing with it. Yeh I'm sure the crowds will be drawn simply because it's Potter but nothing will ever match the brilliance and beauty of that ride.

sedati

The great Bioreconstruct caught this photo of brown supports in a staging area at Universal presumably for this ride:
1522708915224.png

matt9112

I will forever hate Harry Potter for what it did to the original Dueling Dragons. It was one the best rides of all time, with probably the greatest queue.

Whatever is in the place where it once stood doesn't have a hope of competing with it. Yeh I'm sure the crowds will be drawn simply because it's Potter but nothing will ever match the brilliance and beauty of that ride.

potter didnt kill it...regulation did...once dueling was no longer being done it lost alot of its purpose. safety first.

matt9112

Yeah that and that one can ride better roller coasters of the same or similar type in other theme parks.

well duh the only thing it had going for it was the dueling nature. to be fair it was a bit old too. for example if you want a suspended inverter I think Montu is the best I have ever been on. butter smooth.

Rob562

well duh the only thing it had going for it was the dueling nature. to be fair it was a bit old too. for example if you want a suspended inverter I think Montu is the best I have ever been on. butter smooth.

Age doesn't really have anything to do with it, at least from your example. Montu was built three years before Dragons. It's mostly upkeep and maintenance.

-Rob

Bairstow

Age doesn't really have anything to do with it, at least from your example. Montu was built three years before Dragons. It's mostly upkeep and maintenance.

-Rob

I know we've had this conversation on here a dozen times before, but I can't help but think total train cycles is the key to track life. Assuming it's relevant, the Dragons would have far outstripped the fatigue on Montu, or any of the Batmen, despite their relative youth.

Hayley In Wonderland

You’re correct- the Ministry is not in Diagon Alley, but hidden in a different part of London. To make it fit thematically, a queue that you access through a phone booth would be best (since an elevator would be impractical, I suppose you could walk right through it), or some sort of floo powder effect (that would probably be turned off within 2 months).

I would assume Uni would want to connect the exit through Diagon Alley, but I’m not sure how they’d work that out.
Or we can flush ourselves into toilets, which would fit in for the theme of London since it's based on the super old underground toilets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom