New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

ryguy

Has there ever been any concept art for this attraction? Why has uni been so light on the details?

Also is the coaster indoors or will it be an outdoor coaster?

FoodRockz

138AC5DA-477A-4F95-88A0-8317C11A8786.jpeg
A276DDF0-CA62-49E9-AB86-6C9ADEBAD2F1.jpeg
CCAC499D-26C2-4545-ADC5-003142088B73.jpeg
5CF3560C-9374-4E30-8138-7262BF5194D1.jpeg
3607A04B-6716-4F73-A464-7B32E9A1941A.jpeg
First two photos are from end of October. Last three from mid November. Goodbye, DC.

matt9112

Has there ever been any concept art for this attraction? Why has uni been so light on the details?

Also is the coaster indoors or will it be an outdoor coaster?

no details except family friendly and potter themed. it is a safe guess that at the very least some of the ride is indoors for show scenes but that's just me speculating.

HauntedMansionFLA

no details except family friendly and potter themed. it is a safe guess that at the very least some of the ride is indoors for show scenes but that's just me speculating.
Are there more Potter attractions planned beside this coaster? Never been to Universal but the Potter stuff looks fun.

rd805

Yes, rumors of a Ministry of Magic going in next to Diagon Alley in USF in the near future

You may have mentioned this a lot, and if so, my apologies. Would this take over anything, or is it empty space / new build?

Isn't this a little bit of Potter overkill? I'd love it at a 3rd park and i'm sure it would/will be breathtaking, but just seems like Potter is getting a lot of attention for a story that has already been told (Deathly Hallows pt 2. came out in 2011 and closed off that portion of the universe which all of the current HP rides are based).

clemmo

You may have mentioned this a lot, and if so, my apologies. Would this take over anything, or is it empty space / new build?

Isn't this a little bit of Potter overkill? I'd love it at a 3rd park and i'm sure it would/will be breathtaking, but just seems like Potter is getting a lot of attention for a story that has already been told (Deathly Hallows pt 2. came out in 2011 and closed off that portion of the universe which all of the current HP rides are based).
IMO if it’s bringing in people and revenue as DA and Hogsmeade it’s not going to be viewed as Potter overkill. Might as well keep capatalizing on what works until they see that it’s no longer bringing in the numbers they’d like to see.

JoeCamel

Supposedly it will finally put a knife in the heart of Fear Factor live and replace that theater.
Potter sells merch and brings people in, I don't think it is too much and it fleshes out the locations from the books/movies. The locations they are replicating are major points in the story so I see it as completing the experience.
Oh, did I mention Potter sells?

trr1

Supposedly it will finally put a knife in the heart of Fear Factor live and replace that theater.
Potter sells merch and brings people in, I don't think it is too much and it fleshes out the locations from the books/movies. The locations they are replicating are major points in the story so I see it as completing the experience.
not to mention the 4 more movies planned on fantastic beast 5 in total

Weather_Lady

I agree. The Harry Potter universe (like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, e.g.) is an exceptionally huge one, with enough stories (and backstories) to hold and maintain fans' interest for far longer than your typical series, and it's recent enough to feel fresh and relevant to the new readers who are picking it up every day. It also has broad enough appeal and enough character diversity that entire families can get excited about it - and will want to keep coming back when new features of the Potterverse are added to the parks. More Potter is a win-win. I'd stake my Ravenclaw tie on it.

Bairstow

Potter is evergreen. Its aesthetic is essentially just standard Gothic combined with basic European folklore and creatures. Like Indiana Jones the viability of the Potter theme persists independently of knowledge of the books and films because much of the look is archetypal, if not historical. As long as they don't lean too heavily on specific characters or events from the films, themed areas based on the look and concept of the Potter films can be relevant and popular indefinitely.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom