New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

jt04

Universal has a plan and I don't think it has anything to do with a specific event like SWL.

I am just wondering if there is a plan that when you go from the Hogwarts Express to DA if you can stay immersed in the potter world or if you have to see Simpson land. Than seems like an easy fix.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
That is why some sort of transitional element would work better than the current configuration. IMO of course.
Kings' Cross is in the real world. I don't think it takes you out of the story to see the other lands across the lake. The transition from the mundane to the magical happens just like it does for Harry. He's standing in a random alley and suddenly Diagon Alley appears. The same with the Hogwarts express, normal train station and suddenly magic train. The same in the reverse. The books even comment on the abrupt transition back to the muggle world from both Diagon Alley and Platform 9 3/4.

JT3000

That is why some sort of transitional element would work better than the current configuration. IMO of course.

There's already a transitional element -- the rest of the London area. No one's forcing you to look across the lagoon. Just focus on the land you're in. It's all that can be done when there's a body of water in the middle of the park.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I do kinda get what he means. When you walk out of Kings Cross, you're most likely looking forward, and the first thing you see is a giant green alien and clown head. However, there's just not much you can do to avoid that.

The London facade is pretty smart, actually, because it simultaneously hides Diagon Alley and also makes it fit with the rest of the park along with New York, Hollywood, and San Francisco.

jt04

Kings' Cross is in the real world. I don't think it takes you out of the story to see the other lands across the lake. The transition from the mundane to the magical happens just like it does for Harry. He's standing in a random alley and suddenly Diagon Alley appears. The same with the Hogwarts express, normal train station and suddenly magic train. The same in the reverse. The books even comment on the abrupt transition back to the muggle world from both Diagon Alley and Platform 9 3/4.

There's already a transitional element -- the rest of the London area. No one's forcing you to look across the lagoon. Just focus on the land you're in. It's all that can be done when there's a body of water in the middle of the park.

I guess I am just used to Disney standards.

Disneyhead'71

I guess I am just used to Disney standards.
How is London@USF different than every country in World Showcase?
evening-at-epcot-j-pearson-photos.jpg

bhg469

You're more used to trolling than anything. Have you even been to Epcot? Like, ever? As common sense should tell you, EVERY park with a body of water in the middle of it has this problem, including Disney's. They can't sprinkle magical fairy dust that blinds you from seeing what's on the other side of the lake.
Disneyland has more odd sightlines than any Disney park and IMO it is still the best American Disney park so yes... He is trolling

jt04

You're more used to trolling than anything. Have you even been to Epcot? Like, ever? As common sense should tell you, EVERY park with a body of water in the middle of it has this problem, including Disney's. They can't sprinkle magical fairy dust that blinds you from seeing what's on the other side of the lake.

WS is a poor example as it is a 'showcase' of different countries.

They appear to be creating complete immersion around Hogwarts. This could easily be accomplished as you exit the train station in the other park with a facade of modern London buildings blocking the view of Simpson's land. And I think you will see them do just that eventually.

GLaDOS

WS is a poor example as it is a 'showcase' of different countries.

They appear to be creating complete immersion around Hogwarts. This could easily be accomplished as you exit the train station in the other park with a facade of modern London buildings blocking the view of Simpson's land. And I think you will see them do just that eventually.

Where the hell would they put "facades of modern London"? In the middle of the lagoon?

Don't be ridiculous. You're being intentionally obtuse.

jt04

Where the hell would they put "facades of modern London"? In the middle of the lagoon?

Something like the facades you see that were recently refurbished at DHS to represent LA. Instead they could depict London.

spacemt354

Chili's

I see what he is saying, but it's unrealistic.

My response to it would be...not only would they have to be built in the water, what theme park has done this? Even Tokyo DisneySEA has freeflowing waterways that show opposing lands on the other side.

Tom Morrow

In theory they could have built some smaller structures along the waterfront, where the bypass walkway is, that prevent you from seeing over them but don't block the view of the London facade from the other side of the lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom