New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

bclane

2019 Pre-Star Wars was supposed to be The Forbidden Forest and MARVEL Iron Legion. Well Iron Legion is stuck in R&D Purgatory. So they are Fast Tracking the Ministry of Magic over in USF. But that looks more like June 2020, which is WWoHP 10th Anniversary. They do also have T2s replacement in 2019.

Of course, they have Nintendo for the Post-Star Wars party.
Lots of cool stuff coming our way!

JT3000

This is going to rival Transformers on the "Wow, watch 'em go!" factor.

Everybody keeps saying, "Yeah, Transformers is a box with a clone in it." Yep, and they did it in 11 months. With this, they have 20 months and it's not a clone.

On your mark!

Get set!

"Go!"

That honestly wouldn't be impressive. People are just used to watching Disney setting new records for how slow they can be. Entire parks can, and have been built in a two year time span.

AndyMagic

2019 Pre-Star Wars was supposed to be The Forbidden Forest and MARVEL Iron Legion. Well Iron Legion is stuck in R&D Purgatory. So they are Fast Tracking the Ministry of Magic over in USF. But that looks more like June 2020, which is WWoHP 10th Anniversary. They do also have T2s replacement in 2019.

Very interesting. What about SLoP? Is that being fast-tracked as well in light of Iron Legion being stuck?

UpAllNight

I know they're decent over at IU but until these things are announced they're still rumour in my eyes. SLoP has allegedly been on the cards for years now and still no sign. I agree that we're in exciting times but I'd like to see more in terms of actual announcements from Universal...Volcano Bay was due to have an expansion announced "possibly within the next 3 weeks" according to the CEO when it opened...and still nothing. Nintendo has been announced for Japan, we know it's coming to Orlando...but details are none existent so far.

I'm guessing a lot is in the air at the moment, and they're revising plans partially down to D23 but maybe also their own surveys which are hopefully reflecting the mess the Studios park is in, or the lukewarm (within the community anyway) receptions to Hulk and Kong.

All I know is 2018 is going to turn some tides in perception with F&F...I'm already at that point, I expect this to be the catalyst that turns many others. Maybe delays are down to revisions to account for the bad direction over the past 3 or 4 years.

JustInTime

Where are the putting ministry of magic???

JT3000

Shocked people are not commenting how much better the Hogwarts area is looking as the coaster tracks disappear. Uni has an amazing opportunity to create something as immersive as SWL.

This is no time for Uni to go cheap.

You're right, when Dragon Challenge ceases to exist, it will be equally as immersive as SWL. For a while anyway. :D

On a more serious note, I didn't think the track being there made much of a difference, at least once you were past the Hogwarts Express entrance and inside the original confines of the land. They should've added more trees around the station, but it wasn't one of the more consequential sight line issues I've seen.

Universal couldn't go cheap with Potter even if they wanted to, so I'm not sure why you're worried about that. They have more than just guests to impress.

Tom Morrow

I'm not one that believes that exposed coaster track is ugly, but it has to be implemented right. Manta at SeaWorld Orlando, for example, is integrated into the park beautifully. Hulk looks aesthetically pleasing over the lagoon. Dragon Challenge, on the other hand, was not an aesthetically pleasing coaster. While it didn't interrupt the immersion of Hogsemeade too badly, anywhere inside the exterior queue was a view of a massive entanglement of steal over a gross, murky retention pond with weeds all around it. Riding it and looking around also completely killed any possible immersion as you could look down and see that Hogsmeade Station is just a box or ample views of ugly backstage and the surrounding non-Universal property area.

JoeCamel

I'm not one that believes that exposed coaster track is ugly, but it has to be implemented right. Manta at SeaWorld Orlando, for example, is integrated into the park beautifully. Hulk looks aesthetically pleasing over the lagoon. Dragon Challenge, on the other hand, was not an aesthetically pleasing coaster. While it didn't interrupt the immersion of Hogsemeade too badly, anywhere inside the exterior queue was a view of a massive entanglement of steal over a gross, murky retention pond with weeds all around it. Riding it and looking around also completely killed any possible immersion as you could look down and see that Hogsmeade Station is just a box or ample views of ugly backstage and the surrounding non-Universal property area.
Getting off the HE and having DC in your face was a real fail. I understand why but it will be great to not have a coaster in the potterworld.

No Name

You're right, when Dragon Challenge ceases to exist, it will be equally as immersive as SWL. For a while anyway. :D

image.jpeg

It'll be a step in the right direction though.

c-one

Screamscape claims the castle queue building will stick around. You know you've built a good queue when it lasts for three different attractions. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a castle structure that existed in the Forbidden Forest in the books/movies and can't think of one though? Maybe that too is nitpicking.

trr1

Screamscape claims the castle queue building will stick around. You know you've built a good queue when it lasts for three different attractions. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a castle structure that existed in the Forbidden Forest in the books/movies and can't think of one though? Maybe that too is nitpicking.
well there is the shrieking shack outside hogsmeade

JustInTime

They could make it kind of like the bridge that leads to the forest. That’s about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom