New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

imperius

Now that you mention that an all Hagrid ride would be amazing! Don't know why I wasn't thinking of that lol.

Since it should be a Forbidden Forest ride Hagrid should be the main character and maybe fang, centaurs, Umbridge?, Ron, maybe Dobby shows up, Lupin as a werewolf, Sirius Black I'm hoping for.

Bairstow

Dragon challenge was never the same after they stopped racing them though.

See, again, I think this effected the ride a lot less than everyone says.
Unless you were in the front row, you never even saw the other train after the lift hill.

imperius

See, again, I think this effected the ride a lot less than everyone says.
Unless you were in the front row, you never even saw the other train after the lift hill.
I never understood the sadness of not dueling. The ride was 100% the same except you didn' "almost" hit someone.

Bairstow

I never understood the sadness of not dueling. The ride was 100% the same except you didn' "almost" hit someone.
It did look spectacular... but only when you were off the ride... and not even in the queue.
6c31c47b006a280c8f6cea87e1d8313e.jpg

Even in the front, you would barely see that other train.

mm121

It did look spectacular... but only when you were off the ride... and not even in the queue.
6c31c47b006a280c8f6cea87e1d8313e.jpg

Even in the front, you would barely see that other train.

what was the reason the dueling ended? i know there was some kind of incident, just dont remember what

clemmo

Somehow I've been living under a rock and missed this announcement. This year was my first time ever going to UNI and I really enjoyed the Potter atmosphere that both lands provided but was disappointed that I couldn't ride FJ due to its reputation as being really tough on motion sensitive people, so this will really round out Hogsmeade for people who had to bypass FJ. I'd love to see them add a sit down restaurant here as well sense from what I saw they have a QS and pub but neither potter land seems to have a real immersive sit down unless I missed it.

21stamps

You are right! I was tall when I was younger though, so I could go on dragon challenge. Once again, any concept art?

Younger is such a vague concept.. I consider "younger" as age 21 now that I'm old ;)

But on a serious note, when referencing rides that "younger kids can go on" I categorize that as @ age 8 and under.

Bairstow

I'm surprised that whatever this project is, there's been no announcement that Sinbad or Poseidon would be replaced. I'd gladly sacrifice both to keep the dragons, especially if their replacement wasn't a high thrill ride.

imperius

Dragons was marked for replacement for awhile now. First with the stopping duel and then wear and tear. Not worth a rebuild so best to take it down for something themed better and up to JKs wants.

trr1

I have seen many half empty trains. Last time I was at Universal in June the line was to be in the front row. It was a walk on for everyone else. I actually rode it 3 times with the kids. Mid afternoon no lines at all. Both trains are also a short ride.

Honestly it doesn't fit into the area theme wise, it's main trick has been gone for a while and when you rode it you really didn't notice it very much.

I just hope it is replaced by a real coaster not some slow screen attraction like Gringotts. Sorry I know the Potter fans like it but I don't get much out of Gringotts, theme cool but the ending of the ride was not exciting. It's not a bad ride but from the movie I assumed a much more exciting coaster not a sort of coaster with a bunch of screen and not much thrill. I hear family ride which I think Universal needs to replace DD with something a little less family friendly. Might be Potter fan unfriendly as well, I don't know their profile but I'm sure Universal does.
maybe something like the Mummy?

AndrewsJ

There's a difference between how much a ride CAN accommodate vs how much it actually does. I'm a pass holder for Uni and almost always do dragon challenge at least once per visit and every time I've been on it those trains almost always run part empty.

Large capacity is meaningless if people don't get on the ride. The same is true for UoE at Epcot. Just because it can seat a lot of people doesn't mean a lot of people actually show up.
Exactly what I say. Sure it can accommodate tons of people an hour but it doesn't because not that many people ride. I personally love it but haven't had to wait in line in many years. It takes longer to walk the queue than it does to actually get on the ride. On the busiest of days trains are sometimes only half full and no wait time.

Two of the best B&M inverts ever built. My dream is to see Sea World or another park purchase them and rebuild. These are nothing like the bare bones Batman inverts at Six Flags parks. These are quality no expense spared. I'm excited for the new ride but I really hope to see these 2 coasters live on somewhere else.

21stamps

Exactly what I say. Sure it can accommodate tons of people an hour but it doesn't because not that many people ride. I personally love it but haven't had to wait in line in many years. It takes longer to walk the queue than it does to actually get on the ride. On the busiest of days trains are sometimes only half full and no wait time.

Two of the best B&M inverts ever built. My dream is to see Sea World or another park purchase them and rebuild. These are nothing like the bare bones Batman inverts at Six Flags parks. These are quality no expense spared. I'm excited for the new ride but I really hope to see these 2 coasters live on somewhere else.

Sorry bud, as much as I loved this ride I won't rate it as one of B&M's best inversions. I'd give that award to this-
IMG_2859.JPG

I do agree with your last sentence..I would like to see them relocated too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom