New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Rob562

so these are actual AA's and not static figures?

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the pixies are static figures that will move and jiggle because what they're attached to will move. (Parts of the car)

But all the others should be moving figures/AA's. There was even a photo at one point of the Skrewt AA being hoisted into the hut/barn without its skin on.

-Rob

GLaDOS

so these are actual AA's and not static figures?

Fluffy and the Skrewt are definitely AAs. Uni calls the Skrewt one of the most lifelike and advanced figures it's ever made in the media materials.

Are you looking at the tree trunk? To the left of that. I don't see any texture between each slat, just a flat surface.

Yea, I'm looking at the same thing you are. It definitely has a texture on it.

OG Runner

Well, their faces look less human and more alien. Just off to me. I get I’m in the minority and that’s okay too. :)

Like the Skrewt, these are not the same centaurs that were in the movie. That is why they don't look the same.
The Clydesdale centaurs are still dragging Umbridge through the woods. Turns out she really enjoyed it, but that
is a completely different subject.

JustInTime

Like the Skrewt, these are not the same centaurs that were in the movie. That is why they don't look the same.
The Clydesdale centaurs are still dragging Umbridge through the woods. Turns out she really enjoyed it, but that
is a completely different subject.
That actually make sense if true. The designs of these creatures are better than the movies anyway. LOL

Fanbois will be loitering in the area from May 13 til open
I assume you picked that day because it is one month prior to official open? I hope maybe they shoot for a little earlier...my family will be there until May 11.

As for other soft openings, we were there March 12-15, 2017, and Jimmy Fallon was already open before the official opening date of April 6. At that time, it was pretty much final, except a small part of the waiting lobby upstairs was roped off and they were taking photos of it. I believe there were other waiting lobby adjustments being made as well.

Last edited:

Rob562

I assume you picked that day because it is one month prior to official open? I hope maybe they shoot for a little earlier...my family will be there until May 11.

As for other soft openings, we were there March 12-15, 2017, and Jimmy Fallon was already open before the official opening date of April 6. At that time, it was p[pretty much final, except a small part of the waiting lobby upstairs was roped off and they were taking photos of it. I believe there were other waiting lobby adjustments being made as well.

I've been lucky enough to stumble into the very first day of guest previews three times at WDW: Mission Space, the current version of Spaceship Earth and the land of Asia at AK. It was just right-place-right-time. (And I'm not a local, which makes it even more surprising it's happened that often)

Though I'm not holding my breath that we'll have any chance for Hagrid on our upcoming trip, which would be 6 weeks before opening. But still, it'd be nice......

-Rob

Magenta Panther

Fluffy's movements are typical of many AAs - too smooth to seem natural. I wish that whoever programmed it would look at the way dogs actually move, and program the AA accordingly. Then I think the AA would seem more convincing. I mean, it's nicely made and all, but it just doesn't seem real. It just comes off as a clever AA, which lessens its impact. JMO.

imperius

giphy.gif

Tom Morrow

Unless I ride in the sidecar and Hagrid is next to me, I don't think it's right to call this Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Personally I think they should have knocked down Dr. Phillips High School and put in a forest because even though you can't see it, knowing that it's there ruins some of the immersion

ryguy

Unless I ride in the sidecar and Hagrid is next to me, I don't think it's right to call this Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Personally I think they should have knocked down Dr. Phillips High School and put in a forest because even though you can't see it, knowing that it's there ruins some of the immersion
Always have been surprised that Uni hasn't bought that land and built a new school somewhere else. Would be a win win I would think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom