New guy here, honeymoon help?

SpeedsterX

Original Poster
Hello from Northern Indiana! My fiance Maria and I are getting married on a cruise ship this March. After the cruise, we will have 2 days to blow in Florida. She's not a "Disney" person. I can't get her to the Magic Kingdom but she's open to Epcot. I don't know anything about Disney or the resorts but I would like to stay at one of the resorts. We only need one night and we are both in our mid 40's. I would like to stay around $200 for the one night. Anyone have a suggestion on the best resort to stay for that or possibly something really nice just outside the resort? Thanks for any help!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hello from Northern Indiana! My fiance Maria and I are getting married on a cruise ship this March. After the cruise, we will have 2 days to blow in Florida. She's not a "Disney" person. I can't get her to the Magic Kingdom but she's open to Epcot. I don't know anything about Disney or the resorts but I would like to stay at one of the resorts. We only need one night and we are both in our mid 40's. I would like to stay around $200 for the one night. Anyone have a suggestion on the best resort to stay for that or possibly something really nice just outside the resort? Thanks for any help!
I'd look into Port Orleans French Quarter.

Epcot is nice, and theres lots of opportunity for dining there. Certainly take some time to stop into La Cava for some fresh guac and chip and a unique margharita. (I recommend the cucumber or the jalepeno)

She may enjoy DTD though. Look into La Nouba tickets, proceeded or followed by dinner? If you call the box office, you can request a section and row. If you buy the tickets from Disney you do mot have this option. Contact Cirque directly. Front row is always fun (Ive done it twice), and not that much more than normal tickets.

My favorite place to eat at DTD is Raglan Road, but thats really up to your and her tastes. Bongos is also excellent.

Renting a small boat and touring the Sassalouga river is a fun option, as is charachters in flight (balloon over Disney) if you arent afraid of heights.

MermaidJuli

Unfortunately, I can't offer any insight on the Wyndham Resort. However, I agree with the posters above about the Swan and Dolphin hotels. The biggest appeal about them is the location. Once you park at these hotels, you won't have to drive again and you won't have to rely on Disney busses to get you anywhere. They are located close enough to the Boardwalk area that there are SO many restaurants to chose from in that area, it's lovely atmosphere, and there is even nighttime entertainment at Jellyrolls, the piano bar close by. You are also able to easily stroll over to Epcot by foot, and if you get tired or want to return to your room for a break, it is so easy to get back and forth from the hotel and the park.

Epcot will be at its most beautiful while you're there - the Flower and Garden Festival has just begun so there are numerous gardens filled with flowers and topiaries throughout the park. There are also some great festival food booths that you can try all kinds of fresh snacks at all around the World Showcase.

Even as a non-Disney person, I'm sure she will have a great time! Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

JasonDeyoung

For the price and location you're looking for Id do Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside both are awesome, perfect location if you're going to Epcot and in the price range you're looking for

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom