1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gondola Transportation

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by danlb_2000, Feb 14, 2017.

1. MichWolv

MichWolv Born Modest. Wore Off. Premium Member

To be fair, over the years, we've stayed in over two dozen different places off-property, some of them not nearly as nice. I long ago got to the point where sharing a regular hotel room with my kids reduces the fun of the vacation significantly. Once we started looking for suites/condos, staying on property became prohibitively expensive. Every now and then, we'll do it, but mostly, it's a condo, townhome, or house in LBV or Kissimmee. Lots of nice places. Although to many around here, staying off-property is blasphemy!

2. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

Not saying you're not being accurate, but that's like number 459,385 on the list of blasphemous things members agree/disagree on. ;)

MichWolv likes this.
  3. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

I don't want to get political here, but... :cautious:

Courtney6682 likes this.
  4. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

For 3 nights I stayed at the Best Western near Disney Springs for the cost of one night at a moderate, and now Pop Century I see is wanting $129 for a standard room (come on...). I mean ... 3 nights for the cost of one night, before taxes, at a moderate (and funny how a decade ago that $129-ish I could have stayed at French Quarter, which I did but not anymore)... and they have bus service to the parks, not that I needed it. The room was fine. And seemed to be updated recently. But I don't fault anyone who does want to stay in the bubble and can afford to pay those prices. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. I still felt enough in the Disney bubble.

I can't imagine what Pop or the overpriced (albeit very nice) AoA will become once the Gondola's are in service.

5. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

It sounds like the documents were acquired through a public records request. Reedy Creek Improvement District releasing false public records would be an even bigger story.

Rteetz and MisterPenguin like this.
  6. creathir

creathir Well-Known Member

Is $129 THAT unreasonable?

The Hampton Inn in Kissimmee is asking $134 for a two queen bed room tonight...

If the price is in alignment with surrounding "normal" hotels, I'm not sure what the complaint is really about.

Rodan75, bgoofy and truecoat like this.
  7. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

For me it is. We all have our own prices that we'd pay. To you it's not. And I wouldn't stay at that Hampton Inn, either for that price. If I can help it. And that $129 is before taxes and fees. I don't think the room is worth it. And it's one of my favorite resorts. Not sure why you're taking issue with my post?

Why do you have to focus on it being me "complaining"?

Sheesh. Is the same person following me around with different accounts and questioning all my posts?

8. DisneyDreamer08

DisneyDreamer08 Well-Known Member

I realize this is going slightly off topic but once you add in rental car and parking at the Disney parks, I would think you are paying close to Disney prices. So people looking for a good value technically don't have over flowing options :)

9. creathir

creathir Well-Known Member

I guess in my mind $100-$130 is the "going rate" for hotels these days...

Sure I'd love to pay less, but I don't see Pop's prices as being outside the standard room rate of comproable properties in the area, at least not at $130ish.

$200-300, yes, that is way too much for what you're getting.

But $120-$130, not in my mind.

Cosmic Commando and Goob like this.
  10. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I mean, to answer you $129 isn't necessarily unreasonable, no. But for several nights and with taxes and fees, it adds up quick.

11. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Original Poster Premium Member

It really comes down to a question of risk vs reward. They would have a lot to loose and nothing to gain by making this up,

Courtney6682 likes this.
  12. MichWolv

MichWolv Born Modest. Wore Off. Premium Member

My parents have annual passes, so no parking issue. And my parents have a car (they live in South Florida), so no car expense. But even if those weren't the case, I was looking at $125/night vs. $400 for two rooms at a mod. Renting a car for $40/day and paying $20/day parking still leaves me with big savings in $.

13. WDWdream97

WDWdream97 Active Member

Will it be referred to as a separate entity entirely, Such as "Disney's Something Vaguely Island-ish Resort"? Or part of CBR, such as "Something Vaguely Island-ish at Disney's CBR"?

14. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Likely. Instead of Caribbean *Beach*, I'd guess something like Caribbean Tower, or, French Caribbean, or Caribbean Isle. Or, they can go the route of FW and give their DVC a 'brand name' like Cayman Shoals or Port San Angel.

WDWdream97 likes this.
  15. draybook

draybook Well-Known Member

We've stayed there twice during cheer trips. Great pricing for nice room and a 5 minute walk to Disney Springs.

DisneyDreamer08 and Kman101 like this.
  16. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

It's my new go to resort. I like it a lot. Super close to the Springs and driving to the parks wasn't bad at all. McDonalds and other places minutes away ... it's a great location imo

draybook and DisneyDreamer08 like this.
  17. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

I would never rent a car if I was staying off property. Uber all the way. No parking fees either.

18. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I live close enough to drive for the day but I've started making it into little trips so I have my own car which is nice but not everyone will of course. The Disney Springs hotels all offer shuttles and it's super close to the Springs. I have an AP so no parking fee at the parks but the hotel now charges for parking but it's not awful. But I avoid renting cars when I travel too if I can. I've yet to use Uber lol.

Goob likes this.
  19. DisneyDreamer08

DisneyDreamer08 Well-Known Member

Not always possible when you have little kids who ride in car seats :)
    But believe me, we will definitely be looking into all off site options for the first time ever when our next trip rolls around in a few years. So I appreciate all the suggestions!

Goob likes this.
  20. Kristamouse

Kristamouse Well-Known Member

Do share, we love off property and are in need of a place to stay in May:)