News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

montyz81

but it will have to work within the reconstruction of the CBR. If it is done too quick won't it get in the way of that construction? I konw stupid question because it is in the air. At the very least it will be a good system to use to get progress photos of the QBR update.

PorterRedkey

Yep.

And switch tracks. And station bypasses. And incline climbing.
So this would not be the WDW Peoplemover system. I believe it can only work on a level plain.
The DL system didn't have that problem, but they went through their tires pretty quickly.

Could this be a new system?:geek:
The Musk Hyperloop?!?;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A permit was filed by PCL Construction for "FOUNDATION AND BUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE" at the following addresses. These are the same addresses as the pervious permit for utility work and these match up with the locations of the six main gondola structures.

1874 Avenue of the Stars
251 E Buena Vista Dr
785 Studio Dr
1910 Animation Way
1051 Sea Breeze
1074 Sea Breeze
Say it with me....MONORAIL FOOTERS. Do you guys still think this will be a gondola system:rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

So this would not be the WDW Peoplemover system. I believe it can only work on a level plain.
The DL system didn't have that problem, but they went through their tires pretty quickly.

Could this be a new system?:geek:
The Musk Hyperloop?!?;)
The incline limitations of the WEDway PeopleMover at the Magic Kingdom have been overcome by technology. California Screamin' has a linear induction "launch" on an incline.

What's the height Marni? Do you have a guess?
For the most part, towers should be around 50'.

GCTales

Say it with me....MONORAIL FOOTERS. Do you guys still think this will be a gondola system:rolleyes:
If I understand how the permits work.. they would need one for every footer. A monorail would need far more than 6 footers... IIRC they need one every 50-100 feet or so...

This is certainly for the footers for the towers for something other than a monorail... all evidence points towards a gondola system.

lazyboy97o

If I understand how the permits work.. they would need one for every footer. A monorail would need far more than 6 footers... IIRC they need one every 50-100 feet or so...

This is certainly for the footers for the towers for something other than a monorail... all evidence points towards a gondola system.
If the entire right-of-way were a single project site, I do not think you would need individual permits for each column. The likely reason that these permits are only for foundation work is that the project is using aspects of the fast-track construction process. In this case the foundations have been designed and are ready for construction, but the buildings that will go on top of them have not yet been completely designed and are not yet ready for construction.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I think the monorail footers joke pre-dates this thread.
But my uncle's, friends, brother said that his DVC contract for Saratoga listed a monorail easement.

And the bus driver I talked to told me that the guy he spoke to at the Swan and Dulphin said he new the guy who designed it and said that it was designed for a monorail to go through so it!

So it makes sense that these are monorail footer!!!;)

Kman101

FWiW, IG's station will share the look of IG, no major archetectural changes there. AoA and the CBR/ Transfer stops will be a bit more bland, but still with decor. HS and DVC should be nice. The stations will all blend in for the most part. Some will just have more effort put in then others.

Still a few pages to read but LOL at those who think they wouldn't moderately theme these. I mean, come on ...

Kadiem

Good morning. Long time lurker, few times poster here. If this has already been asked, my apologies. Do we have any indications that, if this gondola system is a roaring success, that the same type of infrastructure could be added elsewhere on property? Not tying into the current proposal, but being self-contained. Perhaps TTC to MK, for example. Just curious if this is a 'one and done' deal or not.

JLipnick

Good morning. Long time lurker, few times poster here. If this has already been asked, my apologies. Do we have any indications that, if this gondola system is a roaring success, that the same type of infrastructure could be added elsewhere on property? Not tying into the current proposal, but being self-contained. Perhaps TTC to MK, for example. Just curious if this is a 'one and done' deal or not.
I would think one of the most needed location for a second gondola would be from Animal kingdom lodge to AK. to run buses less than a mile seems to be such a waste and awful for the environment. it would only need to be a very short connector and would add a huge plus to staying at AKL or Kadani.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom