News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

The gondolas aren't scary, but there are people who will be scared to go on them.
But, it is a dilemma as to why it cannot be understood that to avoid riding a Gondola all one has to do is not book a room at one of the service hotels or call a Minnie Van. I'm pretty sure that no one is going to force anyone, at gunpoint, to go on them. No one forces anyone to go on RnRC, ToT or Mission: Space "Orange" do they? I have no idea what they are going to do with initial startup, but, I would bet my life's savings that whatever it is it will be temporary when it comes to running buses along with the Gondola's.

NormC

Before everyone decides what is wrong with a system before it opens, maybe we should all just have hope that they actually built a good system that works and is fun! I'll be looking forward to the opening, soft or otherwise!

Live the Magic!
I am looking forward to it as well. I am very excited about the Skyliner and have been a supporter since day 1. Not sure why you quoted me.

Last edited:

Obobru

If the buses are being cut how many jobs will be cut as surely to save money you need to get rid of drivers. Also why are they adding more buses to the fleet? Are more buses due to be retired than they are adding? Surely we should see a reduction in the buses in the next year of what 10-20 buses? Maybe more?

JayKZ

The gondolas aren't scary, but there are people who will be scared to go on them.
Fortunately for them, WDW has a wide variety of accomodations at different price points to serve their lodging needs, the majority of which are not served by the Skyliner gondolas.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
But, it is a dilemma as to why it cannot be understood that to avoid riding a Gondola all one has to do is not book a room at one of the service hotels or call a Minnie Van. I'm pretty sure that no one is going to force anyone, at gunpoint, to go on them. No one forces anyone to go on RnRC, ToT or Mission: Space "Orange" do they? I have no idea what they are going to do with initial startup, but, I would bet my life's savings that whatever it is it will be temporary when it comes to running buses along with the Gondola's.

Totally agree.

Goofyernmost

If the buses are being cut how many jobs will be cut as surely to save money you need to get rid of drivers. Also why are they adding more buses to the fleet? Are more buses due to be retired than they are adding? Surely we should see a reduction in the buses in the next year of what 10-20 buses? Maybe more?
I'm sure that there is a lot of turnover in transportation. Some will be relocated, or just allow attrition due to people moving on. Many of the drivers are retired and working only part time anyway and some are deciding that they really want to retire leaving openings. I don't think that any driver that wants to stay will not be fit in someplace. And then there are the others that have attitude and will be allowed to go their own way.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
They still need busses & drivers to get to AK and MK.

Kamikaze

And today a monorail broke down on the way to Magic Kingdom from the Grand Floridian.

It was so hot on the stalled car that the guests had to start opening emergency windows to try to stay cool.

Yeah....Those gondolas are just sounding better and better huh. 🙄

Once again, a system designed to operate with AC is different than one designed to operate without it.

joelkfla

They still need busses & drivers to get to AK and MK.
... and to DHS from all the MK, DS, & DAK area resorts, including the All Stars. I think Disney is hoping that increased attendance at DHS, and later Epcot, will generate a net increase in bus ridership.

Kamikaze

More like the buses (and drivers) that aren't being used here will be used for other routes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom