News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

peter11435

Not trying to re-ignite an argument, but found someone on Twitter tweeting that they have an interview for the Skyliner this week; wonder if she's an opening cast member, and if so, how long does the turnaround from initial hiring to training to out on the job take?

The interview is for opening team. Most likely she is already a Disney cast member so this would be a transfer not a hiring.

Disone

Not trying to re-ignite an argument, but found someone on Twitter tweeting that they have an interview for the Skyliner this week; wonder if she's an opening cast member, and if so, how long does the turnaround from initial hiring to training to out on the job take?

You're not. I doubled down on the wrong side of an argument so now I have to double down on, being wrong. I was wrong there was no more argument here. Nothing to ignite. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
PttP guy independently reporting tonight August 28th for the first two lines.

He doesn't have insider information. And before anyone mentions the guy Rob whatshisname who's connected to the gondola biz, Rob was feeding him incorrect info (namely, the gondolas were going to be going at factory speed and not the Disney speed of 11 mph), so, he's not a trusty source on what Disney intends.

If he's saying Aug 28, it's because he's parroting from That Unscrupulous Source.

sgtmgd

This is absolutely the definitive authoritative reliable and accurate projection for when the Gondolas will start ferrying guests....This amazing insight has been hermetically sealed in a mason jar and only a true descendant of Carnac the Magnificent knows the answer....

"when guest actually start riding the skyliner on that date it will have opened in some capacity" Side prognostication for free "it will rain in Florida this week"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
He doesn't have insider information. And before anyone mentions the guy Rob whatshisname who's connected to the gondola biz, Rob was feeding him incorrect info (namely, the gondolas were going to be going at factory speed and not the Disney speed of 11 mph), so, he's not a trusty source on what Disney intends.

If he's saying Aug 28, it's because he's parroting from That Unscrupulous Source.

Rob may get some things wrong, but I can't see him out right lying. He clearly says in the video that he got his information from a source at Doppelmayr and not from what other sites have said.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Rob may get some things wrong, but I can't see him out right lying. He clearly says in the video that he got his information from a source at Doppelmayr and not from what other sites have said.

His Doppelmayr source also had the speed of the gondolas wrong. And his Doppelmayr source may have gotten their info from That Other Site.

Not saying it won't be the 28th. But that this source isn't airtight.

Surfin' Tuna

Training is generally not a particularly long process. Most attractions (which this would be similar to) only require 2-6 days of training.
Since this is part of transportation does that affect the training process at all? I'm asking, because I don't know how things work on the transportation side versus the park ops side. I did meet someone a few days ago who is part of the test and adjust team, and he hates it. I don't know him other than that brief interaction, so I have no idea if it's truly miserable or not. Strangely I have talked to several people who are excited about possibly getting hired on skyliner. Me, I'm just hopeful we can get this tread to 20,000 before it opens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since this is part of transportation does that affect the training process at all? I'm asking, because I don't know how things work on the transportation side versus the park ops side. I did meet someone a few days ago who is part of the test and adjust team, and he hates it. I don't know him other than that brief interaction, so I have no idea if it's truly miserable or not. Strangely I have talked to several people who are excited about possibly getting hired on skyliner. Me, I'm just hopeful we can get this tread to 20,000 before it opens.

@Lift Blog has said that the training process for similar system at ski resorts takes about 4 days,

HarrisburgMouse

535841BA-0DBC-4430-BDC3-399BA8A86BAD.jpeg

cosmicgirl

Any ideas as to why this might be? If I'm not mistaken BlogMickey and PttP's pics from earlier in the week showed the same thing happening at Pop

If you look at the first pic you can see that they're (spray?) painting the fences. Based on the BlogMickey pics compared to Rob's last video from Pop/Art I think they painted the smaller fences there, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom