News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

begood524

Construction walls being moved back at the POP/AOA station. I enjoy his coverage, but I wish he would give it up already about the "buildings" at the station, there is no reason to believe they will be removed when construction it done.

I love the shot at about 4:25, where you can see all of the towers down to Caribbean Beach and then the very high ones way back in the distance going to the Riviera.... This honestly cannot open soon enough

Lift Blog

Substantially more difficult terrain involved.
Maybe slightly more difficult. In the ski world, Vail has a reputation of being quite flat and boring 😌

Probably why the article said all the evacuations were done by rope which would also be why it took so long.
This situation was very rare in that there was a structural element that could have further given way. There may have been a discussion about trying to stabilize the tower before putting rescuers in harm's way. Plus, all of the passengers were employees getting paid by the hour on a pleasant summer day.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This situation was very rare in that there was a structural element that could have further given way. There may have been a discussion about trying to stabilize the tower before putting rescuers in harm's way. Plus, all of the passengers were employees getting paid by the hour on a pleasant summer day.

You know, if they could lower all the towers at the same time, evacuation would be a cinch!

DisneyCane

They wouldn't need to be as they would act as a Faraday cage in the event of a direct strike.
Lighting would strike the cable or the towers. There is no conductive path through the cabin (which may be made out of fiberglass or something for weight savings, I'm not sure). The conductive metal cable is riding on metal wheels which are attached to metal towers which contact the ground.

trainplane3

We interrupt this thunderstorm discussion to bring a update:
http://blogmickey.com/2019/07/more-...e-disney-skyliner-station-restrooms-revealed/
org_dsc09447-1.jpg

begood524

And in classic fashion the site that will not be named posted the exact same thing twenty minutes later with the added "we know for a fact it's opening August 28th" thing

jrhwdw

Disone

Substantially more difficult terrain involved.
As I said test adjust teams and opening teams are two seperate groups. There has been a test and adjust team at galaxies edge for months. The opening team has just recently started being selected.
Hummmmmmm. I am wrong. There are test and teams for attractions. I always assumed those were just the first members of the opening team but I have a friend who's an attractions manager and he has confirmed that they're often just cast members borrowed from similar attractions to help open it so your spot on.

This humble pie is delicious. But when you're wrong you're wrong.

begood524

Not trying to re-ignite an argument, but found someone on Twitter tweeting that they have an interview for the Skyliner this week; wonder if she's an opening cast member, and if so, how long does the turnaround from initial hiring to training to out on the job take?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom