News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

note2001

I'm looking forward to the vloggers who will no doubt cry when they ride the gondolas for the first time. That's seems to be the new norm. Grown men shedding tears over a Disney release and sharing it online.

This is a fair point. They could just leave the vents open at all times. Maybe just close them in storage.

Quite honestly, if those vents are closed and I'm sharing my ride with some folk who had recently indulged in any number of gaseous food items, I'll be crying too.

joelkfla

It is a simple matter of people not thinking this out and basing their opinions as if everyone, in every park, is going to be taking the gondola's back to their hotels even though they don't have gondola's going to those hotels. Couple that with the idea that they think that every single person in those serviced hotels are going to go just to DHS and Epcot. No one will be going to MK or DAK.
I'm just comparing it to what happens now. After F! and after Illuminations, when buses are double-loading for Pop & AoA, I think they do leave more frequently every 7 minutes. But as I said, that doesn't last for long, as pretty soon there are no buses left to load. So the Skyliner, running at a constant capacity, will overtake bus capacity before long.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm just comparing it to what happens now. After F! and after Illuminations, when buses are double-loading for Pop & AoA, I think they do leave more frequently every 7 minutes. But as I said, that doesn't last for long, as pretty soon there are no buses left to load. So the Skyliner, running at a constant capacity, will overtake bus capacity before long.
Depending on the number of ECVs and strollers and how many times the driver has to ask people standing to move to the back it may take 7 minutes just to load the bus. At times when there’s a second bus waiting behind the one loading it may be pretty close to the same speed but if there’s any wait for a bus to arrive the gondola will be much faster.

begood524

Last thing (I promise) - updates on of all stations by Disney Tourist Blog, as well as some great wallpaper-worthy shots!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Found an update on the Pop/AoA line today - looks like the permanent fencing for the station has finally been installed! Can be seen around the five minute mark.

Yep, It's finally installed, they just need to remove the temporary railings.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This is a fair point. They could just leave the vents open at all times. Maybe just close them in storage. Is it safe to assume guests riding the gondolas won’t have the ability to open and close them?
I had thought someone mentioned that there were screens on the inside to prevent anyone from throwing things out of the gondola. If true, then the vents could only be operated from outside the gondola.

truecoat

I had thought someone mentioned that there were screens on the inside to prevent anyone from throwing things out of the gondola. If true, then the vents could only be operated from outside the gondola.

There's a video of a CM closing the vents using a handle on the inside. I'll attach it once I find it.

Ok, starts at 3:27 if the link doesn't get you there in the first place.

As you can see, anyone can open and close those vented windows.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We did indeed see gondolas with inside screens... and now, at least one without. So... 🤷‍♀️

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There's a video of a CM closing the vents using a handle on the inside. I'll attach it once I find it.

Ok, starts at 3:27 if the link doesn't get you there in the first place.

As you can see, anyone can open and close those vented windows.

Thanks! So what happens when you have 2 families in one gondola, and one family wants the vents closed, and the other wants them open. Anarchy will rein!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom