News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I meant today's pic:

Most of the plaza where the bag check/ticket area/front gate is ripped up/ just dirt. How long will it take to complete that????

From what is known, most of work revolves around the security structure itself. The paving shouldn’t take too long and flowerbed should come together quickly as well. That is of course assuming there isn’t unknown electrical or other utility work still needed. But based on what we know it’s possible to complete this within two months if they wanted to...

joelkfla

From what is known, most of work revolves around the security structure itself. The paving shouldn’t take too long and flowerbed should come together quickly as well. That is of course assuming there isn’t unknown electrical or other utility work still needed. But based on what we know it’s possible to complete this within two months if they wanted to...
And, from the photo, it looks like the structural work on the security canopy is already complete.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
^^^
Mmm... This doesn't look like it's going to be finished and running by mid/late August?
They are saying "many months".

Maybe someone knowledgeable of Disney's contruction timelines can provide some input? 🤔

As great as @bioreconstruct is for aerials and photos, he's not connected at all with inside information. He actually resists being corrected with correct information. He knows a lot of what is happening in progress, but predicting the future is sometimes just guess-work for him.

But, this is June and if it's done for SWL in August, that is technically "months" away.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
As great as @bioreconstruct is for aerials and photos, he's not connected at all with inside information. He actually resists being corrected with correct information. He knows a lot of what is happening in progress, but predicting the future is sometimes just guess-work for him.

But, this is June and if it's done for SWL in August, that is technically "months" away.
I'm not familiar with @bioreconstruct, so I'm thankful for your input. You're right about the "months" away statement.
I'm very interested in seeing this project completed because of my upcoming stay at Pop. 🤞
Thank you @MisterPenguin !

GCTales

Makes me wonder if some of those people even realize the same rules around lightning apply to the boats too.

Or outside rides.

Just the over the top doomsayers. I gave up trying to post factual information on YouTube videos, some people over there are so fixated on the negative (Disney won't expand the monorail system), that they inherently want any other system to fail.

mmssbrg2

Or outside rides.

Just the over the top doomsayers. I gave up trying to post factual information on YouTube videos, some people over there are so fixated on the negative (Disney won't expand the monorail system), that they inherently want any other system to fail.
Over there? Try right here. The majority of this thread has fixated on the negative. However far fetched and ridiculous it may be.

Movielover

This is going to be a exciting ride:

Ah look at that, another antique system being used to try and defame the modern day, over engineered system Disney is using...
WigglyBrokenBabirusa-small.gif

Goofyernmost

This system was installed in 1956! So it ran over 60 years without an incident -- I'd say that's a pretty good record.
Maybe we should just start posting pictures of automobile accidents, bus accidents, train accidents, boat accidents and plane accidents, so that we can instill fear about even more dangerous vehicles of transportation. Then maybe we can get most people to just stay at home and in a fetal position in their closets. That would make visiting WDW a lot easier. My first ride will be the gondola's.

Last edited:

Phil12

It's good to know that Reedy Creek Fire and Rescue has trained for and has the required equipment for gondola evacuation in the event that it's needed. I'm confident that any such evacuation will be conducted in a safe and orderly fashion. I too am looking forward to traveling on the WDW gondolas!

Goofyernmost

It's good to know that Reedy Creek Fire and Rescue has trained for and has the required equipment for gondola evacuation in the event that it's needed. I'm confident that any such evacuation will be conducted in a safe and orderly fashion. I too am looking forward to traveling on the WDW gondolas!
IMHO, they are better equipped for that then they are for the Monorail. Has anyone really wondered how they would rescue if a monorail train has a problem either just before it enters the Contemporary or just after it leaves. That's a long way up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom