News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jt04

And Rob talked to management about him. If this guy was fake security, then a Disney cast member did something wrong in not identifying someone pretending to be security. Either way. It was a Disney fail. Disney failed you!!

I have just seen many times where people authoritatively explain the rules without standing or knowledge. They don't claim to be employees but try to create that impression.

When he started talking "private property" it made me suspicious. Every guest there has a camera. They are permitted.

lazyboy97o

And then Disney invites bloggers and vloggers to their own events as a way of advertising! But according to that cm in the video, they would be violating Disney's own policy if they take video of those events. Geez.
An invitation to come film and photograph would be the required granting of prior permission.

Amused to Death

Is a monetized YouTube or Instagram account commercial purposes?

Asking for a few thousand friends. 😇

Tim and Jen Tracker come to mind. They quit their jobs to spend full time in the parks filming every mundane thing you can think of. Random nuts send them anywhere from $5 to $50 whenever they do a live video chat. This allows them to spend even more time in the parks filming even more mundane things. And now Disney is inviting them to events and paying their way... so there can't be too much of a problem here. LOL!

I'm surprised that many of the gondolas are plain. I can just see people at the front of the lines refusing to get on a plain one and waiting for a "cool one".

Driver

Thanks for the info @Driver!

The 1 foot p/minute sounds slow for the station. Can you check again and report back?

I'd expect something more like 1 foot per second on the main turnaround loops since the 13 foot long cabins have to go by a given spot on the loading platform once every 10-11 seconds in order to maintain 10-11 second cabin spacing on the line.
Checked, it's clearly in the OG. I would expect it's necessary so scooters, wheelchairs, and elderly can board with out issues. 1' p/second would be about walking speed more or less, kind of a quick pace to load a scooter!

iowamomof4

Checked, it's clearly in the OG. I would expect it's necessary so scooters, wheelchairs, and elderly can board with out issues. 1' p/second would be about walking speed more or less, kind of a quick pace to load a scooter!

But I thought the scooters would be loading in the secondary loop where the cabins would be completely still?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Does the OG say 1' p/minute or 1' p/second? Seconds sounds reasonable. If it say minute, then that has to have been a typo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom