News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jt04

I will also make the mixing of the guests from various sources more straight forward. If the Epcot line went straight through to DHS you would then have to deal with loading every from POP/AOA and CBR onto a line that is already carrying guests. They will have to do this at Riviera, but that will be less of a problem since it's a single resort.

A smart system would resolve this. Adding and removing gondolas on demand by connecting a user app. Or using color coded gondolas for specific destinations and routes.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

From one of Bio's pics, what is this???

Maximillian is watching all who ride...

Amused to Death

joelkfla

Think bioreconstruct is overreaching there. You could just be looking at the backside of the mesh-style graphic covering.
No, it's a window. Look at the full-size image here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0pZZb4W0AAZDOU.jpg
But I expect there's glass there, too -- either flip-out or sliding. The screen would be to keep body parts and foreign objects inside the cabin. IIRC, it was also visible from the outside in one of the early photos of the gondola on a truck.

You can also clearly see 2 vent windows on the left end in this photo, as well as what appear to be the latches silhouetted in front of the corner post.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, it's a window. Look at the full-size image here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0pZZb4W0AAZDOU.jpg
But I expect there's glass there, too -- either flip-out or sliding. IIRC, it was also visible from the outside in one of the early photos of the gondola on a truck.

You can also clearly see 2 vent windows on the left end in this photo, as well as what appear to be the latches silhouetted in front of the corner post.
I don't agree with your conclusions at all.

What the horizontal elements seen in front of the yellow corner piece.. dunno yet.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thank you! Flat will make all the difference in the world. My cart wouldn't have had the space for a 180 degree turn but if I had to reverse out this would have been much easier. Appreciate the photos.

Like massively out of place and destroying forced perspective.

If you will indulge me for a moment....

I realize the photo is zoom'd and the debate if the cable could be seen with the naked eye. Me, I can see powerlines for blocks (my only comparison up North here.) Even if I couldn't see the cable behind France and and Morocco (possibly) at first Blush I'm having to believe I could see gondola hanging from the cables? No? Yes? If I can see Bald Eagles Flying above the Swan and Dolphin I'm hard pressed to believe I could not see a dangling Gondola from a cable.

morocco-skyliner-jpg.353813

Even without the zoom Tower has been visible to the naked eye.
towerMorocco.jpg

Are all of those trees that go deep into the Morocco pavilion foot print on each side still all there to mask the gondolas? A real old photo (DFB) but it showed how deep the mature trees are (or were) back there. If the trees are still there could they camouflage?
So curious as to their plans to mask.

Morocco-Pavilion-waterfront-in-World-Showcase.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom