News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I mean reconfiguring the routes without a direct link. So swolphin to DHS, and swolphin to epcot. Back and forth. Then boardwalk and YC to dhs route. 3 routes.
It’s a circular route. They have more than one boat but they all follow the same path. It takes about 45 mins to go the whole route from one park to the other. I imagine anyone looking to hop from EPCOT to DHS will take Skyway when open since it should be much faster.

nickys

Premium Member
They will likely need such changes once SW:GE opens. I guess trams might also work. Smaller versions from the parking lot types.

No, they could just increase the no. of boats running.

Trams from where to where? The resorts to DHS? And how would they get there?

I can just see it now, trams running along the walkway, trying to dodge those walking!

I want some of whatever you’re drinking / smoking right now. :hilarious::hilarious:

jt04

No, they could just increase the no. of boats running.

Trams from where to where? The resorts to DHS? And how would they get there?

I can just see it now, trams running along the walkway, trying to dodge those walking!

I want some of whatever you’re drinking / smoking right now. :hilarious::hilarious:

So more boats nobody will use because the Skyliner is much faster? Okay then.

JohnWD

It’s a circular route. They have more than one boat but they all follow the same path. It takes about 45 mins to go the whole route from one park to the other. I imagine anyone looking to hop from EPCOT to DHS will take Skyway when open since it should be much faster.
Yes! Except for my family - we enjoy the walk between Epcot/Boardwalk/DHS. Can't wait till our next trip!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So more boats nobody will use because the Skyliner is much faster? Okay then.
No need for more boats or trams. Added demand for DHS will be more than absorbed by people staying at BC and BW walking over to IG to hop on the Skyway. For people at Swan/Dolphin and even YC and BWV which are further from IG the boat or walking to DHS will probably be the preferred route. It’s about the same walk from Swolphin to DHS as Swolphin to IG. Same for most of BW villas.
Yes! Except for my family - we enjoy the walk between Epcot/Boardwalk/DHS. Can't wait till our next trip!
I think the vast majority of people walk to IG except maybe Swan/Dolphin. If it’s not August and hot as the surface of the sun I agree the walking path to DHS is a nice stroll and no crowds or lines to wait in.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
On failures, found this interesting but quite long and detailed report on ski lift inspection and maintenance:

It's quite detailed and scholarly, so I don't know whether I'm reading it right, but Table 33 on p. 43 says MTBF for sheave wheels is 25 days, and for Bolts & Connections is 29 days. Does that mean each and every sheave wheel and bolt typically needs to be replaced every 25 or 29 days respectively, or do you think that's 1 failure for any wheel or bolt on the entire line?

That's what it says, although that seems pretty short to me.
Can't be for individual components. System-wide, it makes sense, though, which is why the paper argues for more frequent inspection intervals.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
How long till they take the tarps off?
I would assume the tarps won't come off until right before they open it.
The same wraps that new cars are transported in.
My guess is that tarp removal will be an over-night situation.

Now here’s one heckuva idea - The Mouse loves up-charge experiences right?

Think of the satisfaction you get peeling the protective film off of a new phone, tv screen, or other appliance.

For a small mousetastic fee YOU get to peel the protective film off of an entire gondola car! Oh, and you get a cupcake too.

Disney gets actual work done AND makes money instead of paying labor hours.

Come on TDO, don’t leave me hanging on this skyliner idea!

2qjzm6v.jpg

🤣

Last edited:

Missing20K

There are towers on the Disney line that are painted, just not many of them.
I'm aware. Was just attempting to shed some humor on the fact the vast majority of them are galvanized steel as opposed to being painted. Painted was obviously doable, and deemed worthy of the cost in some areas, and was deemed to be not worth the cost in other areas. I'm of the opinion the cost to paint all of them would have been worth it for the improved aesthetics.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom