News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

kurtk

It's been pretty clear for a while that it wouldn't be the actual mechanics of the ride system that held things up. They are going to want that wrapped up before the ski season ends. The stations also don't have that much longer to go, maybe two more months. There is still the question of when they will receive the rest of the cars, last we saw there were still only a small number on site.
I realize all the cars aren't there yet but the one of the cars they do have says it was packed in July of last year. There were rumors a few months ago that the manufacturing was behind schedule but if the ones delivered was sent off 7 months ago, the gondolas should not be the hold up.

JoeCamel

I realize all the cars aren't there yet but the one of the cars they do have says it was packed in July of last year. There were rumors a few months ago that the manufacturing was behind schedule but if the ones delivered was sent off 7 months ago, the gondolas should not be the hold up.
Yes, I expect they are in JAX in a storage yard and being trucked over as they can put the hangers on and get them into the storage. Only so many a day.

rocketraccoon

Gondolas going from Hollywood Studios to CBR around 6PM today.
B5PlSek.jpg

They're going real slow, but they're going!

kurtk

That looks BEAUTIFUL in the Sunset!!!! I would like the gondolas uncovered, but they're going!

How long till they take the tarps off?

I would assume the tarps won't come off until right before they open it. They wouldn't want to have a bunch of themed gondolas hanging in the air that guests can't ride.

Incomudro

That, and they are still doing contruction in all the stations so you don't want them accidently getting damaged.

Yes, those wraps are not really a security cover, they're for damage protection.
The same wraps that new cars are transported in.
Far too many chances to scratch these gondolas while construction is going on.

Goofyernmost

My guess is that tarp removal will be an over-night situation. If they can decorate 4 parks overnight for Christmas, this should probably get done while they are on break. 🥴

GlacierGlacier

We talked about this a while back, but with all the updated construction at DHS - will the gondolas be inside the security bubble? It would be very, very convenient to go from Epcot to DHS without having to go through security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom