News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I understand and was just having some fun with you about the incredible amount of concern about gondola's and there reliability and safety. People acting as if Gondola's were just invented and are not a tried and true vehicle. It is sad really, how, scared everyone is about everything these days. There is a phobia for every occasion and those people are not allowing themselves to enjoy anything that they don't understand.

I also am concerned about whether or not I will ever be able to go again. I have an account that already has enough money in it for a three day admission to WDW, but, I also have a back issue that prevents me from walking more then about an 1/8 of a mile before I have to sit again. I sure as hell, don't want to be "judged" by those busy bodies that condemn the use of mobility scooters, but, I'm over 70 now and things have a way of not healing like they used too. Here's hoping the both you and I will be able to visit at least one more time before we are totally unable to do so. For me it's the Gondola's that I would love to experience. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but, if I can, I would like to see and experience the new stuff, but, that is probably at least 3 years out before it calms down enough to be able to actually see it.
I just did Epcot in a wheelchair last week, and nobody looked at me askance. Slap a knee brace on. That helps.

Jon81uk

It's different.
Completely different being in a full sized train car, and a cabin on a wire.
Sharing a gondola is like sharing your family car.
Having just got off a very crowded commuter light rail train where someone shoved me in the back to make more space for themselves, I think an 8-10 person gondola cabin would feel far nicer, at least there is enough seating for everyone.

Goofyernmost

I just did Epcot in a wheelchair last week, and nobody looked at me askance. Slap a knee brace on. That helps.
They were probably to busy looking at the giant, hunched over pushing the wheel chair to even notice anyone sitting in the wheelchair.

Seriously though the me generation identifies disability by the use of a wheelchair. The scooter, which is far more family friendly, is a way to immediately identify the fat and lazy. It's a wonderful world we live in. Especially down here in the place that once was a great country but is now a nation of haters.

If you guys would turn the temperature up significantly in Canada, I'd move there in a heartbeat. I wonder... I was married to a Canadian for 29 years wouldn't that make me a Canadian by marriage?;):joyfull:
And what did any of that have to do with the Gondolas?!?
The same amount as your post had to do with Gondola's. If you have nothing polite or relevant to say perhaps the best bet would be to not post anything at all. However, to conform to your ridged standards let me just add... I love the Gondola's and can't wait to ride them. Better?

Ladybat

>>> I love the Gondola's and can't wait to ride them. Better?<<<<<Goofeyernmost

I'm for any thing that gets me to the parks faster than those WDW buses. They take up a big chunk of our vacation time. I've never ridden in a ski lift or any thing like these Gondolas. The closest thing like it that I have ridden was the old sky way connecting tomorrow land and fantasy land. So it would be for sure a new experience for me. However, I'd be lying if I said I have no concerns about being carried over gater infested waters. Ever since that little boy got killed by a gater at WDW some years ago I've been concerned about that. But I'm afraid of flying too yet I still get on a plane when ever driving is not really an option.

My personal choice would have been a Monorail expansion but that is not what we got so we either brave the Gondolas or stick with the slow buses or bring our own car and pay the parking fees.

Have you ridden in a Gondola before and loved it? Is that why you are looking so forward to it?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Raise your hand if you've read EVERY post on this thread

Not I
1546972334634.png

nickys

Premium Member
Raise your hand if you've read EVERY post on this thread

Not I

Ummm, yes!

I first started reading it when it was around 75 pages long, took a couple of evenings to catch up. Since then, I have it on watch and it’s one of about 4 that I make a point of catching up on at least every other day.

And I know I’ve said this before but it’s worth repeating every so often - the way this was pieced together by @danlb_2000, @P_Radden and others was nothing short of brilliant! Kudos guys, once again.

Goofyernmost

You know you may joke but I can bet that there will be some support facebook group or page about how someone rode this and didn't die. It's like the people who clap when the airplane lands normally... :facepalm:
If you have been on the train in Harry Potter's world at Uni, you are familiar with the window projections. Years ago as I was getting on a plane I would utter the words from an old Bill Cosby record... "Sure hope the plane don't crash!" After many flights I finally realized what is happening with airplanes. I came to this realization when on my first flight on a Jumbo jet. I was able to figure it out. Anyone that has been on those monsters know logically that there isn't a chance of a snowball in hell of that thing ever getting airborne. So what happens is that there is a special road that those jets run on, never leaving the ground, and projecting images of looking down at clouds, ant sized buildings appearing to be way below. With a loop that shows the window image of being in a plane that is taking off and at the end of a plane landing and assorted potholes on the pavement simulating turbulence it just seems real. So it cannot fall from the sky because it never actually takes off. That had a calming affect on me. That is also what will be happening with the Gondola's, so everyone should just relax.

Last edited:

Doug Means

If you have been on the train in Harry Potter's world at Uni, you are familiar with the window projections. Years ago as I was getting on a plane I would utter the words from an old Bill Cosby record... "Sure hope the plane don't crash!" After many flights I finally realized what is happening with airplanes. I came to this realization when on my first flight on a Jumbo jet. I was able to figure it out. Anyone that has been on those monsters know logically that there isn't a chance of a snowball in hell of that thing ever getting airborne. So what happens is that there is a special road that those jets run on, never leaving the ground, and projecting images of looking down at clouds, ant sized buildings appearing to be way below. With a loop that shows the window image of being in a plane that is taking off and at the end of a plane landing and assorted potholes on the pavement simulating turbulence it just seems so real. So it cannot fall from the sky because it never actually takes off. That had a calming affect on me. That is also what will be happening with the Gondola's, so everyone should just relax.

o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom