News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yes who needs air conditioning when you’re in a metal craft. And its 95 out. And heating up the metal to 150. In your sky lightning. Are those dark cloud with lightning coming this way ? Oh” oh”
Have you ever been one of the first to board a tram; waited five minutes in the blazing sun for others to load; and then waited another five minutes because guests absolutely refuse to collapse their strollers?

At least the gondolas are pretty much constantly in motion.

We’ll live.

GlacierGlacier

Have you ever been one of the first to board a tram; waited five minutes in the blazing sun for others to load; and then waited another five minutes because guests absolutely refuse to collapse their strollers?

At least the gondolas are pretty much constantly in motion.

We’ll live.
He doesn't respond to or read responses people send him.

You'll also find he's quoting a post from February 2017.

It's best just to let him roam, like a new 5000lb white rhino.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Walking into Hollywood studios this morning and they had a crew working up on the wires
IMG_20181213_111500.jpg

IMG_20181213_111449.jpg

IMG_20181213_111706.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Passport to the Parks is doing a live video on his FB page RIGHT NOW of the workers on the gondolas near the DHS station!

It's ending now. I'm sure he'll be throwing some of up on his YouTube channel when he gets the chance.

Half the people watching asked when it will be open, the other half asked if the open construction cabins were going to be the actual cabins.

msteel

That is pretty cool. You can see a little thing spinning on the cable which is probably wrapping the new cable around the existing one.

Your description sounds exactly like something I have seen a couple of times when crews were running telecom cable along roads. I think the spinny thing spiral wraps a small steel wire around the support cable and the communication cable to bind them together.

iowamomof4

That is pretty cool. You can see a little thing spinning on the cable which is probably wrapping the new cable around the existing one.
Your description sounds exactly like something I have seen a couple of times when crews were running telecom cable along roads. I think the spinny thing spiral wraps a small steel wire around the support cable and the communication cable to bind them together.

I thought that seemed like a more likely explanation than what the video guy came up with. He also kept saying these would have "forced" ventilation, but I thought it was supposed to be passive ventilation. Maybe I don't understand the terms though.

Bender123

Yes who needs air conditioning when you’re in a metal craft. And its 95 out. And heating up the metal to 150. In your sky lightning. Are those dark cloud with lightning coming this way ? Oh” oh”

Yes...because the giant vent slats on the traveling edges and 15MPH forced air breeze through them will not make a difference.

Its not like these things are sealed metal boxes. They are vented, air movement will come from the cabin traveling and the maximum time in a single leg (based on speed and route layout) is less than 4 minutes on the route from Riviara to Epcot.

For reference, when the AC breaks on a monorail, you get almost no ventilation, the travel legs are about the same and the worst anybody complains about is that it smells bad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There will be no fans.

I think his reference to 'forced ventilation' is that the movement of the gondolas will force air through the open slats. Which means that, for him, 'passive ventilation' would be if the cabin was still and there was warm air moving up and out the top drawing in cooler air from the bottom vents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom