News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

roj2323

Not that I'm aware of. But of course I'm not aware of nearly everything.
They shouldn't need to expand the entry way. There's already 3-4 V's plus some individual touch points at that location although they never use more than two of the V's at the same time currently except for at park open on busy days. When I worked as a park greeter at Epcot the front of the park for example only had more than 7 V's open for 15 minutes until the initial park open wave disapted and then we usually only had 5 open until 5pm when we went to 4, 3 and then 1 just before 8pm.

Obobru

169 pages and we still have until about Feb 2019 until this is built so at the current rate we will be on around 1200 pages but the time it opens not factoring in long posts for photos. Maybe someone should have saved the first few posts for actual interesting info.

TiggerDad

169 pages and we still have until about Feb 2019 until this is built so at the current rate we will be on around 1200 pages but the time it opens not factoring in long posts for photos. Maybe someone should have saved the first few posts for actual interesting info.
The first post is kind of interesting.

montyz81

"The resort's ageing monorail system is not seen as a long term solution to the resort's transportation requirements, and newer technologies"
I fear a dismantling of the monorail is in our future. Gondolas will be going through the GF, PVR, CR and maybe even make a false rumor true and bore holes in the S&D. Gondolas feel more 1970s then the monorails. Not a fan of the business only minded leadership. Where is their nostalgia, creativity, imagination???

SomeInternetGuy

Not a fan of the business only minded leadership. Where is their nostalgia, creativity, imagination???

Maybe whoever they hire to fill this position will bring some creative solutions to the table:

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/...l-transportation-planner-engineer/391/4452371

Some interesting excepts (emphasis added):

The Atlantic Region Master Planning team has been given the responsibility of creating and collaboratively managing a long-term transportation planning process at Walt Disney World; its stated mission is to integrate transportation into a seamless, immersive resort experience for resort guests while still delivering a fiscally responsible and sustainable system. To accomplish this, we have identified a need to fill the principal level Transportation Planner position with a technically accomplished, highly creative and collaboration-minded candidate who has experience in all aspects of transportation infrastructure development including transit and roadway planning and design, bicycle and pedestrian facilities planning and integration of transportation planning with land use and environmental documentation.

and

• Evaluation of transportation improvement strategies for both roadway infrastructure, expanded Guest transportation systems and new, innovative transportation solutions that meet the goals and objectives of improved Guest experience at WDW.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

oh sweet child, you should have seen some of the other threads..
or if we mixed all the spirited threads.. it would go beyond 20,000 pages.

You clearly haven't read the last 169 pages if you hold that opinion.

I think he was being sarcastic.

jt04

oh sweet child, you should have seen some of the other threads..
or if we mixed all the spirited threads.. it would go beyond 20,000 pages.

And if you piled up all the cigarette butts in the world you could build a mountain. However, the topic of this thread is gondolas. And they'll be a magical new additions to WDW transportation.

jaklgreen

No, I do get that.

To be fair to me and give some context, I last paid to stay on property waay back in 2006-2008, when a moderate was the price Pop is now, and then I traveled to California in 2008, cruises in 2009 and 2010, and with very discounted rooms thanks to a friend who's father works for a luxury hotel chain I stayed in Miami a few times for very very cheap. After that I didn't do much traveling. A night here and there. Obviously I'm aware in 10 years prices are going up up up but I hadn't really seriously looked at booking anywhere until this last year or so and this year so I still had the 10 years ago price ranges in my head. Again, I know they've gone up but it's accepting that reality ... and if I can stay cheaper elsewhere, I will, but not 50-80. I don't expect that. 100-140 is reasonable.

Anyway just explaining why I was a bit surprised at the pricing. In my head I know they've gone up but seeing it ... and not saying that's horrible pricing ...
I had to laugh at this. It reminded me of my dad, who still has prices from the 70s in his head. He is mad if he has to pay over $30 for a room.:p

jaklgreen

Am I the only one not that excited about this? I mean, if it went from Epcot to Hollywood, that would be amazing. I am just imagining all those throngs of people at the quiet little Epcot back gate I have always enjoyed to use. I know a bit snobbish but it sounds like that area is gonna be jammed up now. It was nice while it lasted.

My hubby is not. He gets vertigo and will not go on any kind of gondola transportation. I am sure there are plenty of people like this that do not go on ferris wheels or skyways, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom