News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Traveling next month so this isn't great for my cleithrophobia. I was stuck in the Rise interrogation room for like 15 minutes with no communication, but at least there exists an "open door" panic button (from experience, it works ... we were soon after moved to another show room). I can't really do that on the skyliner. My kids love the thing so I suck it up and deal with it and I've had good luck so far. If they had built Riviera handicap turn off station that line would be more like HS and rarely stop at all. I've digressed.

I'm curious to hear tomorrow how Disney's communication was (I know it's better than 2019 accident).

And yes, I'm trying to treat my phobia.

castlecake2.0

It looks like it was a slow moving back up rather than a “CRASH”? Like one didn’t dispatch properly and the other one kept moving into it till it caused an e stop. The broken glass was from the open windows making contact. Not great, but not a train wreck.

*just speculation and I don’t speak for TWDC*

TikibirdLand

It looks like it was a slow moving back up rather than a “CRASH”? Like one didn’t dispatch properly and the other one kept moving into it till it caused an e stop. The broken glass was from the open windows making contact. Not great, but not a train wreck.

*just speculation and I don’t speak for TWDC*
CRASH is a bit dramatic. But, broken glass and an e-stop indicate someone wasn't doing their job here. Maybe look both ways before moving a car from one lane to another? I think a CM needs to take defensive driving! :D

castlecake2.0

CRASH is a bit dramatic. But, broken glass and an e-stop indicate someone wasn't doing their job here. Maybe look both ways before moving a car from one lane to another? I think a CM needs to take defensive driving! :D
Yah I don’t know enough about the operation to know if it was user error or a mechanical failure, and like I said this I just my guess from seeing video of the aftermath, im assuming there’s some re training coming from this lol

joelkfla

I think it is much more automated than most believe.
Pretty sure it wasn't the automation. I sounds like it was how another car was brought onto the line. Poor timing.
The front-line cm's only clear a cabin to depart the load zone. Once it leaves the load position, all the switching, merging, and movement is controlled by the computer.

castlecake2.0

Possible inclusive spiel updates. Might have been there this whole time but just noticed today. The spiel now says “ladies, gentleman, and *insert themed non gender specific title*” for example at CBR is said “ladies, gentlemen, and islanders of all ages” then when landing it said “ladies, gentleman, and members of the academy” might have been there the whole time but was noticed today.

Brian

Possible inclusive spiel updates. Might have been there this whole time but just noticed today. The spiel now says “ladies, gentleman, and *insert themed non gender specific title*” for example at CBR is said “ladies, gentlemen, and islanders of all ages” then when landing it said “ladies, gentleman, and members of the academy” might have been there the whole time but was noticed today.
I know the "members of the academy" bit was original. Can't be certain about the "islanders" one.

Parker in NYC

Nope. That's just plain 'ol Disney theming. I don't want to stop you, however, from keeping a look out for all things... suspicious.

Lift Blog

Been like that since day one.

I rode the Skyliner a bunch this weekend and there seems to have been a deliberate shift away from stops in favor of very slow slows. I did not experience a single stop on any of the lines. Good strategy to keep things moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom