News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Saw on Twitter that there may have been another incident of Skyliner cars banging together.

Meh. Call me when they're
giphy.gif

jensenrick

The cast members (what’s left of them) are out of practice because of COVID. They need to get their skills back before the mobs are back at WDW..

You wanna see mobs at the skyliner? Try getting from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios in the AM. A line all the way down along hourglass lake, and then another long line when you get to Caribbean Bch.

Or try leaving Epcot on the Skyliner on those nights when it closes at 7pm?! Oh lawdy! I had to walk over to Abracada-Bar to calm my nerves for an hour.

MaximumEd

You wanna see mobs at the skyliner? Try getting from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios in the AM. A line all the way down along hourglass lake, and then another long line when you get to Caribbean Bch.

Or try leaving Epcot on the Skyliner on those nights when it closes at 7pm?! Oh lawdy! I had to walk over to Abracada-Bar to calm my nerves for an hour.
We went last July the week all the parks reopened. Even though the parks and resorts were DEAD, there was a line at Pop every morning that went back to the laundromat beside the pool behind Classic Hall. It moved super fast and was no big deal. Still quicker, easier, and more relaxing than a bus. Just my personal experience and not meant to disparage yours.

Movielover

That line from personal experience was about 10 minutes... Still way faster than waiting for a bus.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Care to elaborate?
"Confirmed today by transportation cast members, beginning January 24th, routine maintenance will begin occurring on the separate Skyliner lines, causing the line to be unavailable for the entire day.

The maintenance schedule will be as follows:

Sunday, January 24th: the Skyliner line leading to and from Disney's Art of Animation Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort will be unavailable.

Tuesday, January 26th: the Skyliner line leading to and from Disney's Hollywood Studios will be unavailable.

Thursday, January 28th: the Skyliner line leading to and from EPCOT's International Gateway will be unavailable."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Confirmed today by transportation cast members, beginning January 24th, routine maintenance will begin occurring on the separate Skyliner lines, causing the line to be unavailable for the entire day.

The maintenance schedule will be as follows:

Sunday, January 24th: the Skyliner line leading to and from Disney's Art of Animation Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort will be unavailable.

Tuesday, January 26th: the Skyliner line leading to and from Disney's Hollywood Studios will be unavailable.

Thursday, January 28th: the Skyliner line leading to and from EPCOT's International Gateway will be unavailable."

Seems logical that just like everything mechanical it needs regular maintenance.

Lines are only down for one day reach. I would think a re-splice would take longer then that. Probably just maintenance on the towers.

Are people under the impression that magic elves and fairies lube the motors when the children sleep?

This can’t be a serious question, can it?

tanc

Honestly after using it I wasn't a huge fan
Felt like a very inconsistent form of transportation. Sometimes it was super fast but other times it would stop 5 times in a row. I also don't like how basically you use it and then have to go to a hub

Brad Bishop

I've also heard it can't handle the demand. I haven't been there. I don't know if this is true. I think I heard it on the Disney Dish.

Of course, that might be because of COVID and not being able to put multiple families in at the same time but I suspect that, at this point, it'll be a great number of years before they start mixing parties again on the skyliner.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I've also heard it can't handle the demand. I haven't been there. I don't know if this is true. I think I heard it on the Disney Dish.

Of course, that might be because of COVID and not being able to put multiple families in at the same time but I suspect that, at this point, it'll be a great number of years before they start mixing parties again on the skyliner.
The only time there is any sort of capacity issue is park open and park close. There is a surge of demand (especially at the hub location) but it only lasts for a brief period. That is no different than more people than capacity for buses. You just have to wait a little longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom