News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

gerarar

Premium Member
I wonder what compensation these people and guests got. I was stuck on the Skyliner last December for about 40 minutes and as soon as I got off (International Gateway), we were offered a fastpass to a ride.

So I would imagine 2 hours of being stuck would result in a little more compensation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe they were diagnosing the problem? Or they had to call in (additional and knowledgeable) people to get the generators up and running?

Has there ever been a time where the power went out for the Skyliner? I can't recall, so this may be a first true test of it

Even if the generator had not been used in practice, it is pretty standard to run regular tests of a generator backup system.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I wonder what compensation these people and guests got. I was stuck on the Skyliner last December for about 40 minutes and as soon as I got off (International Gateway), we were offered a fastpass to a ride.

So I would imagine 2 hours of being stuck would result in a little more compensation.
Read somewhere that CM's gave each person 1 water bottle and a $25 Disney Gift Card.

Monorail_Red_77

I am not sure you are right about that. Going over Bonnet Creek may not be a bad idea. They could get the Bonnet Creek Resorts to pay for the cost of the line and a big portion of it's operating expenses. Those resorts would benefit from having a stop on the Skyline and therefore be able to charge more for their rooms because they would have constant access to HS, Epcot and Disney Springs.
If they made a slight jog north of Bonnet Creek it could work. WDW already owns 63.8 acres of wooded area at the start of Bonnet Creek entrance road. Bonnet Creek owns the access road and RCID owns the canals that cut though Bonnet property also.

Map Time. As you can see in the quick map view below they would not need to move a new gondola line much to the north of current Carrib. hub. They could even tie it into the hub and come off to the east at a slight angle and then maybe another turn station
Bonnet Creek Resort.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Yes, I followed his Syliner videos all last winter, and I've noticed that there has been nothing from him.
Since his name is publicly linked to his website and such, I did a quick social media search, he’s still posting on his Facebook account (last post a few hours ago). Just me speculating, but he may just be losing some interest in online engagement, it looks like he’s been off Twitter about a year now too (I wish I could say the same for me!).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since his name is publicly linked to his website and such, I did a quick social media search, he’s still posting on his Facebook account (last post a few hours ago). Just me speculating, but he may just be losing some interest in online engagement, it looks like he’s been off Twitter about a year now too (I wish I could say the same for me!).

Thanks! I checked his Passport to the Parks Facebook but didn't think to look for his personal Facebook.

Incomudro

Good to know, thank you!
He seems like such a nice guy.
I'm not a blogger, but I myself lost interest - barely looked at this site - for months, because things stopped being fun when it all slammed to a halt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom