News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

RSoxNo1

Once again Walt Disney World Has Changed gears on the Fly. A few hours after the CDC made its recommendations of no Gatherings over 50 people anywhere, Walt Disney World Is Now moving forward with the decision to close all of the Resort's effective 5 p.m. March 20th.
Let's not blame Disney for what is a very fluid situation. This is uncharted territory for everyone.

po1998

We were in the Orlando area last week and spent a day at MK and a few nights at DS. At one point, we were on one of the roads that the Skyliner goes over. My wife said "that reminds me of the Spanish Aero Car that goes over the Niagara Falls(lower river) Whirlpool...I'm never getting on that!". LOL

If you've never been to the Falls, here it is...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We were in the Orlando area last week and spent a day at MK and a few nights at DS. At one point, we were on one of the roads that the Skyliner goes over. My wife said "that reminds me of the Spanish Aero Car that goes over the Niagara Falls(lower river) Whirlpool...I'm never getting on that!". LOL

If you've never been to the Falls, here it is...

But you'll have to wait to ride it -- they're closed at least thru 14 April...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Anyone remember how long it takes to get all those gondolas off of the lines... and how long it takes to get all those gondolas back on the lines?

I'd search this thread, but once it gets over 1000 posts, search gets pretty wonky for me.

Bender123

There was a video from Disney at one point where you could see how the cars were routed in the station to and from the storage area.

That video pretty much showed they could get them off the line in about the same time it took for one cabin to make a round trip...It was basically the cabins enter the station and then are switched directly to the storage rails.

Ill have to find that again.

Edit...Timed to about 15 minutes heres the video:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That video pretty much showed they could get them off the line in about the same time it took for one cabin to make a round trip...It was basically the cabins enter the station and then are switched directly to the storage rails.

Ill have to find that again.

Edit...Timed to about 15 minutes heres the video:

Yeah, I finally found that. It took 15 minutes to clear one line, so I'm assuming (and you know what that means) it's at least 45 minutes to clear all three.

Bender123

Yeah, I finally found that. It took 15 minutes to clear one line, so I'm assuming (and you know what that means) it's at least 45 minutes to clear all three.

You don't think they could do all three at once? I would guess with the separate staff, separate lines and storage rails that they could all be cleared simultaneously.

(Just amazed that this is what we have been reduced to discussing...Life is really boring right now, isn't it?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom