News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ThistleMae

Just remember that everything is subject to change without advance notice.
I know right! All the planning I do, including which park to go to which day and how I'm going to get there and back...and then....something changes to upset all my plans. I guess I'll always need a plan B!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So is the weekly guide in the lobby accurate, or can they still change the times?
They can always change the time. Usually expanding park hours, much to the chagrin of those who try to hop to the front of the line with an early breakfast reservation in the park.

ThistleMae

They can always change the time. Usually expanding park hours, much to the chagrin of those who try to hop to the front of the line with an early breakfast reservation in the park.
I guess the bottom line is...walk to the station and hope it is running as expected. If not, get to the bus.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
My peeve is that Pop gondola was running at 6 am but wasn't open and no sign saying when it would open.

So went to lobby and no sign about gondola or bus. The MDE and bus monitor didn't show any bus time. No CM was around to answer whether the bus was running.

So I ordered a Lyft. While waiting for the Lyft, a DHS bus showed up.

ThistleMae

My peeve is that Pop gondola was running at 6 am but wasn't open and no sign saying when it would open.

So went to lobby and no sign about gondola or bus. The MDE and bus monitor didn't show any bus time. No CM was around to answer whether the bus was running.

So I ordered a Lyft. While waiting for the Lyft, a DHS bus showed up.
Wow, that's pretty poor. Even the bus signs were not showing anything? Not good customer service.

joelkfla

Is this new?

I've been told by cm's that the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles are no different than any other cabins, and are assigned randomly each day. They're designated by setting a pin on the suspension arm, and simply placing chocks in the cabin.

Based on the pin setting, they automatically pass thru the deboarding area with doors closed and move into the wheelchair boarding area. The only time being visually identifiable might be useful is at the Riviera station. Perhaps also in the event of an evacuation.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
After so much reading, and a few posts about the gondolas on this thread, I finally got the chance to ride the Skyliner on Dec 4. Very efficient. I also enjoyed the experience and the views.

Picture taken before riding, just in case! 😄
20191213_103947.jpg

I survived! ;)

Ismael Flores

The Girl Scouts get 60 cents out of the $4 box, so if you really want to help, give a donation.

Our school did a pie fundraiser and then sent the pies home with the kids without clear instructions. By the time I got home, the frozen pies had been sitting out on the counter for six hours, plus however long at school. :mad:

My nephew school bought large containers of Ice cream from Costco and then ordered several dozen churros also at Costco.

they carefully cut the churros in quarters and then sold "churros n cream". They sold the cup for $2 and In less than an hour they had sold over $1000. They made almost $3000 in three hours because they ran out. Some of these schools really need to be a bit more creative and not force children to sell expensive Candy, pies, cookies.

ImperfectPixie

My nephew school bought large containers of Ice cream from Costco and then ordered several dozen churros also at Costco.

they carefully cut the churros in quarters and then sold "churros n cream". They sold the cup for $2 and In less than an hour they had sold over $1000. They made almost $3000 in three hours because they ran out. Some of these schools really need to be a bit more creative and not force children to sell expensive Candy, pies, cookies.
That. Sounds. Amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom