News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Nigelbfc

So just back from 10 nights at Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and I can tell you without dought that the Skyliner is the best on site mode of transport Disney has. We walked onto the Skyliner with no wait every time with the exception of leaving Epcot after Epcot Forever had just finished and even then it was only a 15 minute wait in a constantly moving line. Most of the time we had the cabin to ourselves but even when with other parties your guaranteed a seat something you’re not on a Disney bus especially at park closing or after fireworks.

On our last night after Happily Ever After at MK had finished the bus line for Caribbean Beach was at least 40 people deep so we just hopped on a half empty bus heading to Studios walked over to Skyliner took a seat for our flight and watched the fireworks going off from Epcot (was so cool).

We had no problem with the temperature in the cabin and one of the days it was in the low 90s. I will now spend a little bit extra on future vacations to make sure I am staying in a hotel on the Skyliner system.

Chi84

Premium Member
So just back from 10 nights at Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and I can tell you without dought that the Skyliner is the best on site mode of transport Disney has. We walked onto the Skyliner with no wait every time with the exception of leaving Epcot after Epcot Forever had just finished and even then it was only a 15 minute wait in a constantly moving line. Most of the time we had the cabin to ourselves but even when with other parties your guaranteed a seat something you’re not on a Disney bus especially at park closing or after fireworks.

On our last night after Happily Ever After at MK had finished the bus line for Caribbean Beach was at least 40 people deep so we just hopped on a half empty bus heading to Studios walked over to Skyliner took a seat for our flight and watched the fireworks going off from Epcot (was so cool).

We had no problem with the temperature in the cabin and one of the days it was in the low 90s. I will now spend a little bit extra on future vacations to make sure I am staying in a hotel on the Skyliner system.
This has been our experience too. We’re spending a week at Caribbean Beach and it’s incredible how much transportation to Epcot and DHS has been improved by the Skyliner. Our DVC home resort is SSR and we love the proximity to Disney Springs, but our next trip is with the family and we’re sorry they won’t be able to use the Skyliner. I was a little concerned it might interfere with the ambiance but you hardly notice it from most places in the resort. Don’t notice any noise from it either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh boy, there is that Disney Math again......

There's nothing wrong with the math. Given the capacity of the system, one million could have been reached much earlier.

So, let's say the cabins are only filled with 8 people per cabin rather than 10. Each entry point on a line can push through 2,400 PPH. There are 6 one-way trips. So, that's 14,400 PPH. To hit a million at that rate, it would take only 69.4 hours. At 14 hour days, that would be just under 5 days... at 80% capacity.

There is zero reasons to think this is a manufactured number.

Nigelbfc

This has been our experience too. We’re spending a week at Caribbean Beach and it’s incredible how much transportation to Epcot and DHS has been improved by the Skyliner. Our DVC home resort is SSR and we love the proximity to Disney Springs, but our next trip is with the family and we’re sorry they won’t be able to use the Skyliner. I was a little concerned it might interfere with the ambiance but you hardly notice it from most places in the resort. Don’t notice any noise from it either.

We request block 45 2nd floor CBR so we only had a short walk to both Port Royal and Skyliner so the gondola flew direct over our room and we couldnt hear a thing from inside the room. I actual think the Skyliner adds to the CBR giving the resort a feeling of movement. Loved it

Thelazer

..or can't afford it (which is fine) and just want to tear down the ones who can...
There's nothing wrong with the math. Given the capacity of the system, one million could have been reached much earlier.

So, let's say the cabins are only filled with 8 people per cabin rather than 10. Each entry point on a line can push through 2,400 PPH. There are 6 one-way trips. So, that's 14,400 PPH. To hit a million at that rate, it would take only 69.4 hours. At 14 hour days, that would be just under 5 days... at 80% capacity.

There is zero reasons to think this is a manufactured number.

If your saying it's "Disney Skyliner quickly reaches 1 millionth Unique Trip milestone"
I'd agree with you.. but saying unique guest is IMO, slightly mis-leading.

Kamikaze

If your saying it's "Disney Skyliner quickly reaches 1 millionth Unique Trip milestone"
I'd agree with you.. but saying unique guest is IMO, slightly mis-leading.

No, its how counting people works in cases like this. Say the Yankees have 5000 season ticket holders for all 81 games. Do they count those people as 1, even though they attended 81 times? No. Its 5000 x 81, not 5000 x 1.

BromBones

No, its how counting people works in cases like this. Say the Yankees have 5000 season ticket holders for all 81 games. Do they count those people as 1, even though they attended 81 times? No. Its 5000 x 81, not 5000 x 1.

But that’s when counting overall attendance over the course of a season.
So that 1 million number is a bit misleading.
I still find that number hard to believe.
It’s not beneath Disney to inflate their numbers for the sake of PR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom