News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

Well, here are the bottom lines...

The Gondola's are here to stay.
Over time as the CM's become proficient in the job, there will be fewer and fewer problems.
If you have fears then there is no reason to ever have to step foot on one. There are a whole lot of other options for resorts.
Inventing problems that individuals might have are personal and frankly no one cares if you feel unable to ride. Just don't!
Even if they are still running buses to the Resorts in the beginning, they will not be doing that forever, plan ahead.
They didn't invest in the Gondola's so they could continue the same degree bus service to the resorts.
Apparently over the last couple of generations, something in the water has made people either fear everything or are allergic to it.
Guests either have to embrace the Gondola's or avoid them, it really is that simple.
I suppose that one could be in the column of "I don't like them but, I will ride them". Proceed at your own risk. 😉

Goofyernmost

You never disappoint. I hope nobody in your family develops some sort of panic disorder.
Glad I could measure up. I hate to disappoint anyone. Someone in my family did develop one, however the world doesn't revolve around them, they do what is necessary to avoid things that would possibly trigger panic. They didn't expect everyone to just accommodate them.

drizgirl

Glad I could measure up. I hate to disappoint anyone. Someone in my family did develop one, however the world doesn't revolve around them, they do what is necessary to avoid things that would possibly trigger panic. They didn't expect everyone to just accommodate them.
I'm sure your empathy was very helpful.

Jenny72

The problem with telling people with anxiety "just don't ride" is that avoidance is generally not a good anxiety solution. For instance, lots of people are afraid of flying but they just grit their teeth and do it because they need to get somewhere. Generally this is seen as a good thing, since flying is safe and the fear is not rational. Grocery stores and social events can be anxiety provoking, but anxious people will often just do it anyway if they can.

For the gondalas, most people with anxiety will tell themselves "it's safe, it's safe, it's safe" and get themselves on it, and it will be fine, and they will be glad they rode it and feel a bit silly for having freaked out. They're not thinking, "haha, if we stop I'll definitely have a panic attack." They're thinking "I can do this." Many people with anxiety are trying to act rationally even when they're feeling horrible.

Maybe this will help some of the people who are understandably perplexed as to why someone with anxiety might get on a vehicle that scares them. I can't speak to this particular person who called, and I can't say that was a good decision, but some of the responses here do seem to reflect a lack of understanding of life with anxiety.

Magic Feather

Heard some reports from friends that boarding at Riviera has become very difficult. Spacing out load (ex. Leave every 4th open) at Trinidad and IG will become a must once sizable boarding is happening at Riviera. That said, lines for the Epcot line have already been pretty bad (it gets used the most by non-resort guests), and I only expect it to get worse. (It still should be only 10 min tops, but still not ideal).

peter11435

Heard some reports from friends that boarding at Riviera has become very difficult. Spacing out load (ex. Leave every 4th open) at Trinidad and IG will become a must once sizable boarding is happening at Riviera. That said, lines for the Epcot line have already been pretty bad (it gets used the most by non-resort guests), and I only expect it to get worse. (It still should be only 10 min tops, but still not ideal).
Maybe not ideal but 10 minutes is still generally less than you wait for a bus or boat.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So we've gone from there won't be a wait, to there will be a 5 minute wait, to at least it's less than a bus or boat.

No one every said there would never be a wait, but there are times were there is little to no wait.

Here is a live stream from Saturday at around 6:30 PM where it took 60 seconds from the time they entered the queue at DHS, to the time they stepped on the car. Figuring in the time it actually takes to walk the queue, that is almost no wait. They then went to the POP line which no one in line.

Last edited:

tissandtully

I’d rather wait for a gondola than stand Nuts to butts on a bus.

Monorail_Orange

Well, you can always turn around...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom