News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

trainplane3

The wife and I both use ecv scooters. Will two of those fit on one gondola?
Nope. They're big in person but not that big. Use this picture of one barky boi for an example:
feZHt4Z.jpg

mm121

I haven't thought through the timings... but I wonder if they could have done something like this for riviera. It's the same ECV concept.. just put to the side rather than at the 'end' of the line. Use the same concept to take cabins off, insert back in, etc like they have now. Would use the similar switching they already have in the stations.

Green is your unload.. blue is your load. Passengers enter the correct side of the station based on which direction they are heading. Walkways would be outside under the skyliner path.

View attachment 416524View attachment 416526
That woulda been great.

begood524

I'm seeing more and more videos of gondolas that are covered with hand/fingerprints all over the inside.... for those that have ridden, do they "detract" from the view or the overall experience? And do we know if Disney cleans them off at all?

Goofyernmost

I'm seeing more and more videos of gondolas that are covered with hand/fingerprints all over the inside.... for those that have ridden, do they "detract" from the view or the overall experience? And do we know if Disney cleans them off at all?
If your asking if they cause any distraction once you get into the parks... no they do not. Once there they just become background and are visible in very few places only. I did occasionally check them out because I was hoping that I might get to ride them pre grand opening and as far as I could tell, they ran constantly. Although I didn't spend my whole time watching them, when I had the opportunity I would look for them and seriously never saw them stop even once. (they probably did and I just missed it) By comparison there is the HUGE blue building that Soarin is housed in and unless you look for it, one does not see that either. However, if you look you will find it. Disney has been hiding things well for years now and there is no reason to think that any of the new stuff will have any major affect on sight lines or anything else. I periodically publish this picture to show just how good Disney is at hiding things.

hauntedmansionplan-500x493.jpg

joelkfla

If your asking if they cause any distraction once you get into the parks... no they do not. Once there they just become background and are visible in very few places only. I did occasionally check them out because I was hoping that I might get to ride them pre grand opening and as far as I could tell, they ran constantly. Although I didn't spend my whole time watching them, when I had the opportunity I would look for them and seriously never saw them stop even once. (they probably did and I just missed it) By comparison there is the HUGE blue building that Soarin is housed in and unless you look for it, one does not see that either. However, if you look you will find it. Disney has been hiding things well for years now and there is no reason to think that any of the new stuff will have any major affect on sight lines or anything else. I periodically publish this picture to show just how good Disney is at hiding things.

View attachment 417747
Wrong answer! :devilish:

Personally, I thought the greasy hand prints were gross, but they didn't really detract from the view. If you wanted to take pictures, they would get in the way.

Of course, if you're in a wrapped cabin, the view out is not that clear anyway.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

View attachment 417747
I think the poster was asking if fingerprints in the cabin are distracting from the views out over the parks etc ( just my take on his/her post)

Lilofan

Pretty hard for cast members to clean during the day when gondola are loading and offloading. I see the cast members focusing more on emptying trash cans and picking up trash on the sidewalks. Haven't seen any ride vehicle in theme parks while on vacation every get cleaned unless someone vomits inside which I have seen and smelled. I would think the cleaning crews address the vehicles after operating hours.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yuck! :depressed:

joelkfla

I want to add -- it seemed to me that the windows were less clear at the end of the week than on opening day. Disney may be cleaning them with a general purpose cleaner rather than something specifically for polycarbonate.

ImperfectPixie

I want to add -- it seemed to me that the windows were less clear at the end of the week than on opening day. Disney may be cleaning them with a general purpose cleaner rather than something specifically for polycarbonate.
The shop I used to work for used windshield washer fluid for polycarb.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The shop I used to work for used windshield washer fluid for polycarb.

These gondolas don't really need an anti-freezing agent in the cleanser... unless they finally do add in A/C.

Now, if they were glass, then you could rely upon them constantly being re-glazed to keep them clean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom