News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can't imagine how it could be. There isn't a way to stop a single car, the whole line needs to be slowed or stopped.

yeah. I’m sure we will find out. But it just seems like it has to be some mechanical failure. Or a mechanical failure followed my an incorrect response from a human.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
yeah. I’m sure we will find out. But it just seems like it has to be some mechanical failure. Or a mechanical failure followed my an incorrect response from a human.

Its quite common for failures of a mechanical system to be the result of a combination of failures. I would think that Doplymyr would have designed a system where no single point of failure could lead to something like this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can't imagine how it could be. There isn't a way to stop a single car, the whole line needs to be slowed or stopped.

Remember.. in the rivera station that isn't necessarily true. There are hand-offs here between the lines... plus a cabin's grib could be opened, etc.

Edit: sorry, I was thinking the turn station... not rivera. But aren't there bull wheels here, or no? Forget..

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am quite shocked though they've had not only their first real evac in the first week... but their first likely incident with injuries.

This is quite the black eye. Looks like they are gearing up for a full evac of the line... It's ashame if they can't decouple the portions at the rivera and undo one side by cycling.

flynnibus

Premium Member
ugly..
skyline-accident.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And someone actually died on the monorail 10 years ago... guess they are a little late on that tear-down project.

some just want to be dramatic. This system by this builder is being used successfully all over the place. Of course it is bad that this happened. And so early in the life cycle. No one wants to see people hurt. Ever. And if someone is to blame, they should be held accountable. But the cause will be determined and then they will get the line back up and running eventually.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember.. in the rivera station that isn't necessarily true. There are hand-offs here between the lines... plus a cabin's grib could be opened, etc.

Edit: sorry, I was thinking the turn station... not rivera. But aren't there bull wheels here, or no? Forget..
No it is a single cable going all the way from CBR to Epcot.

EvilChameleon

some just want to be dramatic. This system by this builder is being used successfully all over the place. Of course it is bad that this happened. And so early in the life cycle. No one wants to see people hurt. Ever. And if someone is to blame, they should be held accountable. But the cause will be determined and then they will get the line back up and running eventually.

Think the NTSB will be called like with the monorail incident?

Kane88

This is just so odd.... they've literally been testing this for months, and in its first week of operation there's a serious incident? I hope everyone there is okay......

I bet the people at Doppelmayr are freaking out too
I’m sure of it but Disney probably took a shortcut with maintenance or employee training, doing something they shouldn’t have done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom