News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

joelkfla

A word of warning, just before entering the Riviera station from CBR station, anything you say inside the gondola can be heard on the beach and walkway before.
It might work both ways. I was hearing voices quite clearly as I was flying over that area. It was so clear that at first I thought it was something being picked up by the speaker. Then I figured I was somehow hearing a conversation in a nearby gondola. Now I'm not so sure.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, noises from the ground, like traffic, air conditioning units, and construction, are clearly audible and even sound amplified.

KC00

It might work both ways. I was hearing voices quite clearly as I was flying over that area. It was so clear that at first I thought it was something being picked up by the speaker. Then I figured I was somehow hearing a conversation in a nearby gondola. Now I'm not so sure.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, noises from the ground, like traffic, air conditioning units, and construction, are clearly audible and even sound amplified.
It absolutely works both ways. I had a cabin to myself yesterday and all of a sudden could hear very clear conversations as we passed over CBR. It freaked me out a bit. 🤣I could not identify whose voices I was hearing just from looking down below but it was strange. I thought immediately of your previous post about the amplified sound.

Movielover

No gondolas in Vegas...just monorails with...
A/C
and with outside air temperatures higher than an Easy-Bake Oven

Polydweller

All that testing and taking so much time to complete construction and they are having these kinds of issues? Sigh. Oh, I'm also referring to a report that the Pop/Aoa > CBR line was down this morning.
I’ve been involved in the hospitality industry for 30 years in different capacities. Every time a new service/system has been developed you think through what you believe is every contingency possible. Then you test and test, find new possible issues and create solutions. Then you finally open to the public and the general public never fails to surprise in finding new and novel ways to cause problems and issues. After a few new systems you realize that there will be problems in the first few weeks regardless of how much work you put in cause the public will do things with the new system you never would have thought possible.

So, to me reports of teething problems during the startup week(s) is no surprise. It would have been truly surprising if there had been none.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
All that testing and taking so much time to complete construction and they are having these kinds of issues? Sigh. Oh, I'm also referring to a report that the Pop/Aoa > CBR line was down this morning.
It’s the third day of operation. Some things can’t be tested without live people. That’s why they do soft opening for new rides. Give the CMs a chance to work out the kinks. If these long outages continue weeks or months from now that’s a much bigger issue.

SLUSHIE

All guesses here but I doubt it's a major issue. They are possibly already starting to implement changes to maybe the timing of the accessible cabins or the audio etc. Better that they are taking the time to do something now while the Doppelmeyr people are on site and on the least used line.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pop lined slowed twice while riding it tonight.

The IG line had four full stops of three to seven minutes each time. The times when it restarted it immediately stopped again, and boy did the cabins bounce. Fun for me, but I could see how it would freak others out.

I was thinking I might not make it to EF, but I am here and it's about to start.

Creathir

Pop lined slowed twice while riding it tonight.

The IG line had four full stops of three to seven minutes each time. The times when it restarted it immediately stopped again, and boy did the cabins bounce. Fun for me, but I could see how it would freak others out.

I was thinking I might not make it to EF, but I am here and it's about to start.
That bouncing around was the basis I had concerning anyone with a fear of heights.
Totally fun for most of us, but definitely would freak someone out if they already were freaked about it in the first place.

As they say, irrational fears are... irrational...

donaldtoo

Probably not nearly enough data to analyze yet, especially with it all bein’ brand spankin’ new and folks rushin’ to try it out, but, has anyone heard any news on how this system might be helpin’ to alleviate other forms of WDW transportation, so far, and including predictions going forward...?
Haven’t read close to the whole thread...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom