News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Disney4family

See, I just imagine the line snapping or a single gondola falling off the line, and then it sinking either everyone on board, because I don’t think there’s a way to open those doors in an emergency. Or at least not one that I’d be able to figure out if I was panicking from being seconds away from drowning.
maybe this is the rescue squad should that happen -

Lift Blog

I finally found that as well, thanks! But, what's that little button thing doing? Where/How is it activating or deactivating the door opener? @Lift Blog ??
It looked to me like when the plug is pushed in, it just sticks out the other (tower) side. I think there are proximity switches before the door openers that detect the pushed out plugs and send a signal to the PLC which in turn activates the door rails to change position.

halltd

It looked to me like when the plug is pushed in, it just sticks out the other (tower) side. I think there are proximity switches before the door openers that detect the pushed out plugs and send a signal to the PLC which in turn activates the door rails to change position.
Sweet! Thanks! I'm sure you'll get an extreme closeup of this before you leave. ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So the Skyliner has officially been open for over 24hrs. Do we have the current number of casualties yet? You know, this is supposed to be some sort of deathtrap? ;)

No official word on the death toll yet, but the early estimate from officials on the scene is in the thousands and it is expected to rise. There are also reports of alligators all around the WDW area dying from being so bloated. Officials have also issued face masks due to the massive increase of ash into the air. Back to you, Ron.

cosmicgirl

No official word on the death toll yet, but the early estimate from officials on the scene is in the thousands and it is expected to rise. There are also reports of alligators all around the WDW area dying from being so bloated. Officials have also issued face masks due to the massive increase of ash into the air. Back to you, Ron.
That sure explains why CBR and IG were so much quieter today!

Movielover

See, I just imagine the line snapping or a single gondola falling off the line, and then it sinking either everyone on board, because I don’t think there’s a way to open those doors in an emergency. Or at least not one that I’d be able to figure out if I was panicking from being seconds away from drowning.

Don't be so crazy...

The fall will probably kill ya!

;)

Lift Blog

Today's dispatch:

TIG:
130 regular cabins
14 ECV Cabins
(1 missing cabin end gap)
144 cabins total
ECV cabins usually in a 1:10 ratio

THS:
61 regular cabins
7 ECV cabins
68 cabins total
ECV cabins usually in a 1:14 ratio

TPD:
54 regular cabins
7 ECV cabins
61 cabins total
ECV cabins usually in a 1:14 ratio

There were 22 cabins in the parking rails for a total of 295 that I personally counted. I could have missed a couple though.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I saw several large gators in line at guest services. They were complaining they ordered their tourist medium-rare but all they were serving was well done. Disney offered them free fast passes for Smugglers Run and some blue milk but I heard the one say he wasn’t going to Galaxy’s Edge until the real ride was open.

KC00

Leaving Epcot now and the end of the queue is just past the temporary ticketing booth sort of at that green gate (that is always open when I come through).

TrainsOfDisney

Leaving Epcot now and the end of the queue is just past the temporary ticketing booth sort of at that green gate (that is always open when I come through).

Yeah I walked to the end of the line and decided to walk to boardwalk and catch a boat! (Studios).

The Q needs improvement that’s for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom