News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

toolsnspools

They try to minimize the height of the haul rope to reduce the complexities with evacuations. So over the water where they don't have to worry about obstructions or other traffic it's very low.. as making tall things on water stay stable is hard. Over most of the land, it's to clear obstructions, make sure you don't create blockages, and balance that with accessibility for evacs.
Seemed taller than it needed to be in that section though... For evacs, it would seem that closer to the ground would be better.

rkleinlein

Looks great. Everything seems smooth and efficient.

I hope they are going to do something about what looks like construction/service roads (ugly and lined with weeds) under some parts of the routes.

I imagine many people will ride these just for fun and for the views. Many any of those people will know that the wraps obstruct the view (yet another reason to hate wraps). I wonder what will happen if/when people say they don't want to board a gondola with a wrap and want to wait to board the next one with unobstructed views.

TrojanUSC

IMO, they're just right. I wouldn't want a constant jabbering away during my flight.

The bus ones are the worst. They pretend to have helpful info about the parks, but they were updated once in the 9 years I drove buses. Eventually, they just turned off some of spiels because they became so outdated.

I appreciate the brevity of them but I think the chime before each one is kind of annoying.

toolsnspools

We politely asked to ride without a wrap and were able to be accomodated. Now, this was certainly an exception made strictly because it was testing. I don't think this really would be feasible during normal operations.
Watch the incoming cars, and if yours is wrapped, let a party go in front of you. Seems easy enough to line this up a few cars in advance without much help from a CM.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks great. Everything seems smooth and efficient.

I hope they are going to do something about what looks like construction/service roads (ugly and lined with weeds) under some parts of the routes.

I imagine many people will ride these just for fun and for the views. Many any of those people will know that the wraps obstruct the view (yet another reason to hate wraps). I wonder what will happen if/when people say they don't want to board a gondola with a wrap and want to wait to board the next one with unobstructed views.

I am pretty sure those area are staying the way they are. They were finished in a way that allows them to be used as access roads in case an emergency evacuation is needed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Watch the incoming cars, and if yours is wrapped, let a party go in front of you. Seems easy enough to line this up a few cars in advance without much help from a CM.
What makes that difficult is how many guests the cm will load in a cabin. Some have been doing a single party per cabin and others have been packing them in.

surfsupdon

I wish I were staying at Pop instead of Contemporary for my WineDineHalf weekend!! I wasn’t thinking clearly!!

Also— how is the CBR Skyliner bus working? What’s the village order? Is it labeled internal or Skyliner? Is the CBR circle connected to Riviera yet...or still so much back tracking and u turning??

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
@AJH219 Out of curiosity, do you know what the outside temperature was when you rode? It's reassuring that it didn't feel too hot for you, I think that's my biggest concern (as I'm sure it's one of the primary concerns of others).

Sundown

For the record, reducing bus use was NOT the reason for building the Skyliner. It was just a nice perk. (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge wasn’t the reason either)

So @Magic Feather, what actually was the reason (or reasons) for the investment in the Skyliner? I was thinking about this, and my guess is one of two. The first is for increased security. The second is possibly lessen liability or disorderly conduct due to the alcohol consumed at the Epcot & Hollywood studios?

180º

So @Magic Feather, what actually was the reason (or reasons) for the investment in the Skyliner? I was thinking about this, and my guess is one of two. The first is for increased security. The second is possibly lessen liability or disorderly conduct due to the alcohol consumed at the Epcot & Hollywood studios?
My wild guess is it’s an excuse to hike room rates.

jrhwdw

He's back, they just needed to ask him some questions.
I just about blew when I figured out what happen to the first video!!!! Of all people to talk too! ESP when there were no problems this morning! Luckily, the stream was back on 1 min after I realized everything. Maybe because he wasn't next to a CM? I just thought of that. This is a CM Family and Friends Preview after all, not open to public till Sunday. Hopefully no problems the rest of the week. Heard of Media Event on Fri, so THAT should be safe Correct??

He took the very high road(no pun) about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom