News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Monorail_Orange

We will see.
giphy.gif
🤯🤯🤯

admiralDax

You must not have any engineering experience and must not have looked at Google Earth.
First, there are no existing canals going from either Coronodo Springs or Carribean Beach to other locations. Any new canals would have to cross major four lane roads requiring very expensive bridges. Assuming the water table is at 2' as you say you would still have to dig at least another 4' or 5' to have enough for even pontoon boats and to take into account seasonal variations in water levels.
Sorry, your idea just doesn't hold water....;)

I realize that this is just an idea, kicking around these threads, but I do want to point out that when Buena Vista Drive and World Drive were being rebuilt near Old Key West, new bridges over the canal extension were built, and built a few feet higher than the road, leaving enough room underneath for the current ferryboat to pass. Of course it would take a lot of work and water rerouting to make this work (and any extension to Caribbean Beach would have to cross Bonnet Creek property ?) but .... just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Herah

There wouldn't be two way traffic. For instance, there would be a Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach canal which is one way. To get back you would use the Caribbean Beach to Coronado Springs canal which runs roughly parallel. With the high Florida water table it would be no more than a 2 ft trench.
I have to admire the minimalist grace of your defensive ranting. One paragraph, no wasted words. Almost as if this wasn't really the brilliant idea that's representing your whole identity on the internet. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom