News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DisAl

There wouldn't be two way traffic. For instance, there would be a Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach canal which is one way. To get back you would use the Caribbean Beach to Coronado Springs canal which runs roughly parallel. With the high Florida water table it would be no more than a 2 ft trench.
You must not have any engineering experience and must not have looked at Google Earth.
First, there are no existing canals going from either Coronodo Springs or Carribean Beach to other locations. Any new canals would have to cross major four lane roads requiring very expensive bridges. Assuming the water table is at 2' as you say you would still have to dig at least another 4' or 5' to have enough for even pontoon boats and to take into account seasonal variations in water levels.
Sorry, your idea just doesn't hold water....;)

ppet

I'll settle for the skyliner, at least til they can get a sponsorship from amazon and have a fleet of drones come to your resort room door and lift you to your destination of choice. 👾

nickys

Premium Member
There wouldn't be two way traffic. For instance, there would be a Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach canal which is one way. To get back you would use the Caribbean Beach to Coronado Springs canal which runs roughly parallel. With the high Florida water table it would be no more than a 2 ft trench.
You must not have any engineering experience and must not have looked at Google Earth.
First, there are no existing canals going from either Coronodo Springs or Carribean Beach to other locations. Any new canals would have to cross major four lane roads requiring very expensive bridges. Assuming the water table is at 2' as you say you would still have to dig at least another 4' or 5' to have enough for even pontoon boats and to take into account seasonal variations in water levels.
Sorry, your idea just doesn't hold water....;)

I think some people have been missing the sarcasm in @voodoo321’s original post about the canals. 🤪

DisAl

I think some people have been missing the sarcasm in @voodoo321’s original post about the canals. 🤪
I suspect I am guilty here..... o_O
Sometimes it is hard to tell when people are just having a little fun or are serious about a really impractical idea.
Maybe hot air balloons would be a better solution on days the wind is in the right direction???

Monorail_Orange

Sometimes it is hard to tell when people are just having a little fun or are serious about a really impractical idea.
Maybe hot air balloons would be a better solution on days the wind is in the right direction???
Or even better... guests walk out the hotel room, stick a rocket up their Alien Swirling Saucer, and fly to their destination! Just like the Skyliner, guests will combust/explode and still risk getting eaten by alligators upon landing/splashdown!

nickys

Premium Member

You weren’t the only one though. I just used your post as the most recent one! 😉

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Since we are having fun with this, how about Teletransportation?
My own favorite option!

Hmmm... I guess that could go terribly wrong too! 🤔

msteel

Orlando cold january? 60 degrees is summer in Europe lol.
It can get cold - sometimes. One trip we took the temperature at park open was 34F with 15mph winds. The high temperature that day did get up to 49F but the morning was quite chilly.

(*) I looked up the historical data for MCO, so it was possibly a little different at AK where we were.

beertiki

I live in Key West. We have been to WDW a few times in the winter when it has been in the 40's in the morning. I have had a few funny looks as I cry to my wife that I am freezing.

I will not cry on the gondola, even if it's 40 degrees, raining, and my window is stuck open. There has been enough crying in the last 1065 pages to make me suck it up and freeze to death without a single complaint.

Going to POP on October 3rd. I am more excited for the gondola than I was for SWGE.

stratman50th

I live in Key West. We have been to WDW a few times in the winter when it has been in the 40's in the morning. I have had a few funny looks as I cry to my wife that I am freezing.

I will not cry on the gondola, even if it's 40 degrees, raining, and my window is stuck open. There has been enough crying in the last 1065 pages to make me suck it up and freeze to death without a single complaint.

Going to POP on October 3rd. I am more excited for the gondola than I was for SWGE.
And here I am after reading the last 6 pages or so, and that's all I've read, that I'm ready to go back down to Key West! Well, more like MM 15 but hey, it's close. And I won't start at the beginning of this post. And yes I know, you aren't supposed to start a sentence with "and" but I'm on a roll! Ha!!

Rob562

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, hundred-cabin gondola
What'd I say?

Gondola
What's it called?
Gondola
That's right! Gondola

Gondola
Gondola
Gondola

I hear those things are awfully hot
It glides so coolly, hot it's not
Is there a chance the rope could break?
Not at all, for goodness sake

What about us college slobs?
You'll be given cushy jobs
Were you sent here by Bob Chapek?
No, good sir, I just like new tech

The batt'ry died in my MagicBand
Take my FastPass, my good man
I swear it's Disney's only choice
Throw up your hands and raise your voice

Gondola
What's it called?
Gondola
Once again
Gondola

But people still are hem and hawing
Sorry, @The Mom, 'bout the posters warring

Gondola!
Gondola!
Gondola!
Gondola!

Gondo, d'oh!

Last edited:

Monorail_Orange

There was a 14 ft 650 lb gator taken from the lake on the river here in southeast Alabama recently. He could have carried at least 3 people. Mass transit! :eek:
Now look, we've already had people on here worried about carbon-belching buses, and with all the talk lately about bovine flatulence, we don't need to add to it with gator farts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom