News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

TimeTrip

There wouldn't be two way traffic. For instance, there would be a Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach canal which is one way. To get back you would use the Caribbean Beach to Coronado Springs canal which runs roughly parallel. With the high Florida water table it would be no more than a 2 ft trench.
Parallel canals! Genius! Is your internal designation "paranals"? :)

sndral

Funny thing is in January it's going to be cold AH... can't wait for the complaining from the snowbirds. People... it does get cold in Florida and a stiff 10 to 15 mph breeze will cut right through you. Remember.. we have a wet cold.... brrrrrrrrrrrrr...
I don’t know about anyone else, but if when I ride these in early Jan. Orlando is in a cold snap, I plan to use my gloved hands to close those louvered ventilation vents while I huddle in my down jacket & hope I survive the 11 minute journey lol.

BrerJon

From the article....
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – 2:33
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort – 2:17
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort to Epcot – 6:16
  • Total time in the air from Epcot to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 11:27

For all those saying canals would be better... I'd like to see a canal boat that could get from Caribbean Beach to DHS in less than three minutes.

Heppenheimer

Funny thing is in January it's going to be cold AH... can't wait for the complaining from the snowbirds. People... it does get cold in Florida and a stiff 10 to 15 mph breeze will cut right through you. Remember.. we have a wet cold.... brrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Then, you close the windows. Even during the sub-zero arctic blasts we regularly experience during the winter here in Vermont, the interior temperature of the gondolas are probably in the 50s. The only heat source are the skiers themselves.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Then, you close the windows. Even during the sub-zero arctic blasts we regularly experience during the winter here in Vermont, the interior temperature of the gondolas are probably in the 50s. The only heat source are the skiers themselves.

It's as if people forget that we have ski lifts that actually, wait for it, don't have cover from the elements. Wonder if these people made it ;)
141117-shell-gross-ski-lift-tease_e3rcad

Creathir

For all those saying canals would be better... I'd like to see a canal boat that could get from Caribbean Beach to DHS in less than three minutes.

Of course people would be complaining about the loud music, the high winds, and the incredibly large wakes...

Ravenclaw78

On one of my January visits, the temperature got down to a blissfully comfortable 56 degrees. I'm walking around in shorts and a t-shirt, and there's a woman in a parka on her cell phone telling someone that it's "literally freezing". It was very hard not to walk up to her and say "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" in my best Inigo Montoya impression.

Ravenclaw78

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Of course people would be complaining about the loud music, the high winds, and the incredibly large wakes...
Here's the best option... high speeds, no wake, put it anywhere there's a gentle shore bank angle...

Of course, with our luck, it'll probably be full of eels...

Incomudro

The vent windows can be closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom