News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

trainplane3

I see this system as being a total disaster. It's far too logistically complicated for the average guest to navigate and load/unload will be an operations nightmare.

There is an obvious solution to the transportation problem that would fit the physical environment perfectly but they are too stupid to think of it. Wait for it.......... Canals! Duh?

They can have a MK to Pop canal, another from Epcot to POP, another canal from MK to AoA, another from DHS to POP, one from MK to CR, another seperate one from Epcot to CR, one from CS to POP, CS to MK, and so on. It's so simple.

Each resort has it's own dedicated canal to all the parks and other resorts. All they have to do is dig channels down to the water table(2 ft.) and all those carbon spewing busses are eliminated.
@marni1971 mentioned over a year ago how a series of waterways was a possibility instead of the gondolas. Gondolas were still cheaper in the end (and more efficient).

TrojanUSC

I see this system as being a total disaster. It's far too logistically complicated for the average guest to navigate and load/unload will be an operations nightmare.

There is an obvious solution to the transportation problem that would fit the physical environment perfectly but they are too stupid to think of it. Wait for it.......... Canals! Duh?

They can have a MK to Pop canal, another from Epcot to POP, another canal from MK to AoA, another from DHS to POP, one from MK to CR, another seperate one from Epcot to CR, one from CS to POP, CS to MK, and so on. It's so simple.

Each resort has it's own dedicated canal to all the parks and other resorts. All they have to do is dig channels down to the water table(2 ft.) and all those carbon spewing busses are eliminated.

What? Millions of guests ride the People Mover and the Haunted Mansion every year and loading/unloading this is significantly easier considering the load stations are slower and there’s a separate turntable for ECVs and mobility challenged guests.

Guests staying at MK resorts must change monorails to get to Epcot, so I’m not sure how this is in any way less efficient.

Disone

Draw it out for us. I would love to see these canals mapped out.

surfsupdon

It looks like the "mystery kiosk" at CBR is going to be a Joffrey's with an exclusive Skyliner drink!
It was never a mystery. I said there would be a coffee cart back in April and was told it was a bus stop. I said this was in addition to a bus stop and was not believed. I finally feel credible!

But in all seriousness, I’m not upset. It’s my only claim to fame here tho lol.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was never a mystery. I said there would be a coffee cart back in April and was told it was a bus stop. I said this was in addition to a bus stop and was not believed. I finally feel credible!

But in all seriousness, I’m not upset. It’s my only claim to fame here tho lol.

Everyone knows that you're just on Joffrey's payroll!!!

deeevo

Yes, digging up thousands of acres of land to make an artificial canals to stick diesel powered boats in them to replace carbon spewing buses is such a better idea then fully electric gondolas. I wish they had a gondola system right down I-4....hell I wish I could take a gondola to work everyday.

voodoo321

Draw it out for us. I would love to see these canals mapped out.
A basic map of my system. It doesn't require any transfers so it's impossible to get lost.

Attachments

• Map_WDW_Resort.jpg
    Map_WDW_Resort.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 389

Incomudro

I wonder when the people who doubted these and claimed they would be too hot or wouldn't work in Florida will apologise and admit they were wrong?

I'll chime in:
A hot humid breeze on a stifling day - is still a hot humid breeze.
During some weather conditions, these gondola's will be wonderful.
During others - they're going to be very uncomfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom