News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Figments Friend

I will be there on the first Guest day of operation later this month to check these out, and take a trip around the routes.
Planning on trying to ride from Epcot to DHS ( via the change station ) or vise versa to try out the experience and see what the sky views are like.

I will be sure to report back here my thoughts.
Maybe even snap some photos...but i cannot promise that.
I tend to travel very light these days.

;)

-

NobodyElse

Moving platforms, synchronized to the movement of the ride vehicle. The moving vehicle is stationary from the perspective of the Guest boarding.

(Not arguing against Skyliner, just pointing out the flaw in the analogy.)

To turn it back around, these guests somehow managed to step from their stationary path onto a moving platform.

I haven't done the research, but it's entirely possible that the speed different between a gondola and its platform might be even less than that of stepping onto a speedramp.

pdude81

I'm guessing the gondolas were delivered in batches and the last step is paint and/or wrap and finishing so the batches probably got made up by color due to the batching of the gondola orders form the manufacturer.
They have been running them for months though and they have been mixed up until this point.

Perhaps yellow is the only color that keeps the cabins below boiling point

Rich Brownn

Because the monorail was a Disney Invention? Generally, the Disney magic has never been inventing the thing, but making a thing better. They didn't invent the Roller coaster, they made it better in SM, They didn't invent the Monorail, they made it a legit transport option. They didn't invent the dark ride, they made it immersive. The list goes on...

People love to give credit to WDI for their inventions, when, far more often, they utilize exiting technology in new or different ways.
The did, however, invent the steel tube roller coaster with the Matterhorn, even if it was by accident :D

LukeS7

A certain site (you know the one) posted about the previews today by saying:

"While the Skyliner seemed just about ready to go by the end of August for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, it was strangely delayed for a full month"

They really can't admit when they're wrong, can they? It's also pretty false since the opening date was always officially September 29th :rolleyes: (They also linked to not 1, not 2, but 5 of their own articles in the opening paragraph, which was 2 sentences)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
A certain site (you know the one) posted about the previews today by saying:

"While the Skyliner seemed just about ready to go by the end of August for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, it was strangely delayed for a full month"

They really can't admit when they're wrong, can they? :rolleyes: (They also linked to not 1, not 2, but 5 of their own articles in the opening paragraph, which was 2 sentences)
They are never wrong though .... if you never admit it ;) They are a special bunch over there aren't they.

note2001

They are never wrong though .... if you never admit it ;) They are a special bunch over there aren't they.
You give them too much credit by thinking they'll be able to understand what you're saying.
To clarify for those from that site who have no idea how to read sarcasm: Special = narcissist, and arguably even sociopathic not being able to admit when they are in the wrong and believing in their own fabricated stories as though they were real.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom