News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Pam Hates Penguins

More IP in the air is just a by product that they're learning to live with. The real reason for the gondolas is that too many guests complained that the air conditioners on the buses are just too cold and they wanted a warmer way to travel to HS and EPCOT.

The Skyliner to me is supposed to be the Monorail of the southern areas of the WDW Resort.

lazyboy97o

Some people absolutely swore the buses would be gone.
It may not be their responsibility, but it is likely in their financial best interest to not lose potential guests who won't ride the gondola's.
The financial justification for the Skyliner was very much based on eliminating, not reducing, bus service. The financial best interest is to not waste money on a redundant offering.

TimeTrip

They were running to the studios and back when we got there at about 1pm today. Then they stopped as we got to security. When we left at 5pm they were all off the line .

Goofyernmost

It's amazing how the "no buses" crowd are trying to save face by backtracking and changing what they said, semantics doesn't change the fact loads of people said it was the end of buses not the reduction in them. Everyone here loves to think they know exactly what's going on but all but a couple know as much as the rest of us they just want to feel special.
It is always wise to offer options when a new system goes on line. As stated over and over, they didn't invest millions of dollars and then continue to have to still offer the same service it was designed to replace. That is common sense. It isn't an insult to say that the affected resorts are promoted and very vocally stated as Gondola resorts. No one has to stay at one if they don't think they can overcome their fears and use it. Also as stated, there are 17 other resorts that do not have access to Gondola's. There will also be other buses going to the Gondola Resorts because there are two other major theme parks (MK and DAK) and other places within WDW least we forget that need other transportation.

My bet would be that if they don't stop bus service immediately at the point of official operation, then not too long after it will stop. There already is alternate transportation available, however, very inconvenient. If you wanted to go from POP to DHS you could take about 15 minutes to get there via Gondola or you could take a bus to MK or DAK, transfer to DHS or Epcot and spend probably over an hour getting there, but, you can indeed get there so other transportation is available, it will be, however, a pain in the butt. If anyone had that big a fear of Gondola's why on earth wouldn't they just go to a different resort. It is indeed a no brainer. Or am I forgetting the "world revolves around every single individual and their needs" syndrome.

WhoDis1901

Instead of going through all 1,052 pages of discussion --ill just ask it here: my family and I are visiting WDW on Sept 20-27. Any chance the Skyliner will be in a soft opening? We would really like to ride it. Has any guests been able to ride it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Instead of going through all 1,052 pages of discussion --ill just ask it here: my family and I are visiting WDW on Sept 20-27. Any chance the Skyliner will be in a soft opening? We would really like to ride it. Has any guests been able to ride it?

There is always a chance of an early opening. No guests that we know of, just construction crews and CM's.

Disone

Well... that was fast. The Epcot line haul rope is already hauling again.
20190908_175928_HDR.jpg

ABQ

Little point reporting on this tbh. They run both lines several times a day at no specific schedule.

For example im sitting at AoA in my room right now. The sky liner was not running a minute ago, and now it is.
I think, though could be mistaken, @Disone 's point was how they got it up and running after stowing all the gondola's and strapping down the haul lines ahead of the hurricane's originally forecast route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom