News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Magic Feather

Every piece of evidence that I have had contradicts another piece re: potential softs and its getting frustrating, even for me. There is a small bit of me that thinks only CBR to DHS might open, while another part of me has reason to believe that Everything but Epcot and Riviera should be open, and even something that tells me nothing will be open.

My personal theory is that AoA/Pop-CBR and CBR-DHS were planned to open in time for GE in the form of soft opening's, but it won't due to contractor delays.
That said, here is most of what I know:
  • Costumes are Behind on Production
  • AoA does not have all of its final railings in, but heavy duty temporary wooden paneling has been put in place in select areas.
  • Despite finishing touchups, and some cleaning that must be done, CBR's station is good to go
  • DHS is in the same boat as CBR, with the exception of needing more plastic removed

trainplane3

Every piece of evidence that I have had contradicts another piece re: potential softs and its getting frustrating, even for me. There is a small bit of me that thinks only CBR to DHS might open, while another part of me has reason to believe that Everything but Epcot and Riviera should be open, and even something that tells me nothing will be open.

My personal theory is that AoA/Pop-CBR and CBR-DHS were planned to open in time for GE in the form of soft opening's, but it won't due to contractor delays.
  • AoA does not have all of its final railings in, but heavy duty temporary wooden paneling has been put in place in select areas.
  • Despite finishing touchups, and some cleaning that must be done, CBR's station is good to go
  • DHS is in the same boat as CBR, with the exception of needing more plastic removed
🤣...:banghead:

Really though, couldn't they get some railings in place and stations cleaned up in time? It sounds minor enough but I'm not in the know. And for the CM uniforms, just keep them in the generic yellow training uniforms for now until all are ready?

Wasn't one of the main (unofficial) points of the system to be (mostly) up and running for SWGE? Mainly taking the (expected) strain off the buses.

Rteetz

Right there will you...

Unbanshee

That's a lot of unfinished business to try and rush to finish. For what? To hit an internal date that is a whole month earlier than what was announced? Disney doesn't need to have the Skyliner open for SWGE. Buses, ride share, and personal cars will get plenty of guests to the front gate without yet another form of transportation potentially dumping thousands of guests into an already possibly swarmed situation.

No need to rush. A week before the announced opening would be a good time to soft

truecoat

That's a lot of unfinished business to try and rush to finish. For what? To hit an internal date that is a whole month earlier than what was announced? Disney doesn't need to have the Skyliner open for SWGE. Buses, ride share, and personal cars will get plenty of guests to the front gate without yet another form of transportation potentially dumping thousands of guests into an already possibly swarmed situation.

No need to rush. A week before the announced opening would be a good time to soft

Being that it’s serving resorts already on Disney property, I’m not sure where thousands more guests are coming from.

Unbanshee

Being that it’s serving resorts already on Disney property, I’m not sure where thousands more guests are coming from.

I've worded that incorrectly. I might have said thousands of guests more efficiently than existing transportation. As bad as it sounds, the buses will work as a throttle of sorts for a certain amount of guests, preventing a lot of people from arriving earlier than they might have via the Skyliner which I believe we've already established is much more efficient than a bus.

Either way, I think we'd need to see widespread CM testing either yesterday or today (Tuesday) to hit a soft opening by Thursday. Maybe we'll be surprised later today and full testing will be underway to allow for a soft in time for SWGE

mgf

Anyone know what happens in a true hurricane? (Not saying Dorian will get there.) Do they have to unhook all the Gondolas? Are they safer stored in the air than on land? That kind of thing?

Disone

Apparently on the cast member internet, there is a blurb saying that cast member previews of the Skyliner are coming soon. So just my guess but it does not look like an August opening is on the horizon if they still are going to offer a cast member preview of the Skyliner before opening to guests.

begood524

Corless once again got tens of thousands of views, made hundreds of dollars (if not more), and was 0% correct. Skyliner not opening today

I find it odd that they let the station remain in a seemingly “finished” state for a while and then choose to randomly start setting up scaffolding again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom