News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

begood524

Kinda disappointed they didn't even mention the Skyliner today - it would've been nice for them to have given some footage or some pics inside the stations or something!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kinda disappointed they didn't even mention the Skyliner today - it would've been nice for them to have given some footage or some pics inside the stations or something!

That Skyliner was mentioned briefly as an Epcot upgrade for its IG and connecting resorts.

flynnibus

Premium Member

They did talk about it... mentioning the opening date, the resorts and parks it would service.. and showed the cabins parked to highlight the art on them.

Honestly there is nothing left to promote about them except for 'they're open!'

Creathir

I doubt they’d announce any potential (as in potential) expansion today.

Maybe next time. Or the time after that.

;)

(Maybe I snuck this in during d23 P&R hoping no one would see)
Still don’t think it’ll be expanded.

I’m still betting on there being a more dramatic East/West transportation system being added.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Right now at Art of Animation:
20190826_101235.jpg

Also heard testing for the recorded message for the station: "You are about to take flight..."

pdude81

So is there any chance of the skyliner soft opening the 2 lines on Wed as rumored a few weeks ago? I still heard them grinding concrete in the past few days so I'm guessing the stations aren't fully complete

trainplane3

So is there any chance of the skyliner soft opening the 2 lines on Wed as rumored a few weeks ago? I still heard them grinding concrete in the past few days so I'm guessing the stations aren't fully complete
I'll be checking into Pop on Wednesday, so I can check it out (assuming someone hasn't reported it by then).
According to BlogMickey, no.
https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/sele...-disney-resorts-for-galaxys-edge-opening-day/
Managers we spoke with did not anticipate the Disney Skyliner being a transportation option for guests looking to get to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on opening day.

Obviously this could've changed 20 times by now.

LukeS7

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/sele...-disney-resorts-for-galaxys-edge-opening-day/
Managers we spoke with did not anticipate the Disney Skyliner being a transportation option for guests looking to get to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on opening day.

See I'm torn. On the one hand, I would love to be able to ride this while there, and it would be awesome to have it open. On the other hand, I soooo want this to open after August just to spite the site that shall not be named.

All jokes aside, this seems to be up in the air. A few users here have hinted it might be ready, but every official response has been no. That being said, I was told the day before reservations for GE opened that they hadn't made a decision if they'd be doing reservations yet soooo...

Bender123

I severely doubt anybody would announce a soft opening...I have a feeling it wont open, but if it is a soft opening, I doubt they want it instantly crushed by the hoards.

LukeS7

I think just based on the facts that there are still people working on the roof and not a cast member in sight we should not anticipate a soft opening by Thursday :(
Unless I need to get my eyes checked, I believe there's 2 cast members directly below the construction workers in this photo

EDIT: Also, I think the fact that they're running tests of the audio is a good sign

begood524

Unless I need to get my eyes checked, I believe there's 2 cast members directly below the construction workers in this photo

EDIT: Also, I think the fact that they're running tests of the audio is a good sign
Oh I didn't realize those were CMs! Okay fingers crossed for Thursday then!

chrisirmo

Those do look like the generic cast member costumes, but the fact they're not in their final "swoop" costumes leads me to believe we may be farther than two days away from launch. I don't think we're a month away from the first passengers, but more than two days.

LukeS7

Those do look like the generic cast member costumes, but the fact they're not in their final "swoop" costumes leads me to believe we may be farther than two days away from launch. I don't think we're a month away from the first passengers, but more than two days.
Alternatively, maybe the costumes aren't ready yet (and are aimed to be done for the official opening). The uniforms they're wearing match those of other CM's we've seen at the gondola stations
img_1950.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom