News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MrPromey

"The gentlemen will always be in our tangerine tone and our ladies will always be in the teal"

So the question I am beyond shocked that nobody at Disney seems to have considered with this is, how does this jibe for non binary CMs?

Last edited:

cspencer96

"The gentlemen will always be in our tangerine tone and our ladies will always be in the teal"

So the question I am beyond shocked that nobody at Disney seems to have considered with this is, how does this jive for non binary CMs?
With WDW Costuming, typically any CM can check out articles designated for either of the binary genders. I believe it is technically up to that location’s leadership discretion to allow it, but with costumes that really are essentially the same aside from color, it likely won’t matter. Still, it’s very unlike modern Disney to even mention something like that in a press video, let alone design new costumes that are gendered in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPromey

With WDW Costuming, typically any CM can check out articles designated for either of the binary genders. I believe it is technically up to that location’s leadership discretion to allow it, but with costumes that really are essentially the same aside from color, it likely won’t matter. Still, it’s very unlike modern Disney to even mention something like that in a press video, let alone design new costumes that are gendered in the first place.

Just seems odd they'd have even set it up this way instead of just giving everyone the same color or doing a few colors and having it not related to the genders. However many different groups we're talking about, it strikes me as really odd that they'd take something like this and try to divide it between the sexes.

Haunted mansion? That one makes perfect sense but it's not like the women on Thunder Mountain wear cowgirl skirts or anything.

Not a big deal really but just a little odd, I thought.

cspencer96

Just seems odd they'd have even set it up this way instead of just giving everyone the same color or doing a few colors and having it not related to the genders. However many different groups we're talking about, it strikes me as really odd that they'd take something like this and try to divide it between the sexes.

Haunted mansion? That one makes perfect sense but it's not like the women on Thunder Mountain wear cowgirl skirts or anything.

You’re definitely right, it’s very odd.

joelkfla

Most roles have slight differences in gender, if you look closely: shape of the collar, length of the sleeves, etc. I assume the designer wanted 2 colors for a little variety, and it's probably cheaper to stock one color per gender than both colors for each. It's not like they're discriminating based on sexual preference.

DisneyCane

So the question I am beyond shocked that nobody at Disney seems to have considered with this is, how does this jive for non binary CMs?
Jive is a dialect from the 70s. The word you want to use is "jibe."

Outside of that I'm staying the heck away from this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And yet they summarize:

Here is your shorter holiday checklist for these three words:
Gibe is almost always used to refer to taunts, or to the act of taunting.
Jibe may be also used to mean “to taunt,” but it is the only one of the three that should be used to mean “is in accord with” (as in “That doesn’t jibe with what I thought”).
Jive is the one of the three that should be used to indicate a manner of speech, or perhaps by swing dancers.

GCTales

To me this is a good indicator that there really will be soft openings before Galaxy's Edge opening. Did you happen to snag a picture of any signs??

There were others, both in AoA and POP that said "Disney's Skyliner", but those were taped over and you couldn't read it in the photo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 293

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom